• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting Restraunts in P'cola area

Someone give me some ideas on their favorite seafood places in town.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Re: Interesting Restraunts in P'cola area

Cobalt in Orange Beach has excellent seafood anf is a very nice place too,

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My two favorite seafood dishes are oysters (any way) and mullet. Unless I've missed a place the best mullet is still the original Chet's on Navy Blvd.

benchrest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    chets does have the best mullet,if i had a time machine id go back to the old fire house restaurant by the 3 mile bridge for seafood, and of course id hit the chicken box on saturday night

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

In Navarre, for sandwiches, try All American Heros. It's just to the West of TC's Front Porch. It's in the strip mall next to Pak N Fax, right on 98. I like the wild turkey and the Bon mi.
    Johnny Houston's has a good burger. The buns are really good.
    I haven't eaten at it yet, but friends say Shark Bites right at the intersection of 98 and Whispering a pines is really good for breakfast. It's on the South side of the road.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting Restraunts in P'cola area

Shark Bites is pretty good. I can imagine they will expand into a larger facility soon. Those guys are packed on a Saturday.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tried a new place today that just opened up 2 weeks ago. Voodoo BBQ & Grille in the Target shopping center on 9 Mile at University. It's a chain out of NOLA.

Menu kind of leans more towards BBQ but I ordered a bowl of Red beans and rice with cornbread and collards. Wife got Jambalaya and a shrimp poboy. We're both extremely impressed wit the taste, quality and quantity of food.

That whole strip mall is now restaurants. The place got busy with the church crowd rolling in but the owner took the time to stop at tables and ask opinions. He noticed there was no BBQ items on our table and that lead to a discussion about the menu. I told him that wife and I try to eat somewhere on 9 Mile every weekend as we do our shopping then and frankly there just doesn't seem to be much variety. What I mean by that is that you can get BBQ all over the place. He agreed and mentioned that he had noticed since opening that the locals go for what we ordered over the chicken and brisket.

For a chain I give this place a 9/10. Nice change from burgers, chicken and Mexican. Give it a try.

Oh, and they serve beer.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll have to check out the place. I'm from South Louisiana but left 22 years ago. It's nice to get some good Cajun food at a local place.

Btw Sean, I stumbled out of Johnny Huston's last night. Thanks again for the post. I love that place.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you liked it medic. I've eaten there twice since I posted about the first visit. Wish I could.get over that way more often.

That brings up a problem. I love to have a beer with certain foods but I am just so paranoid about getting a DUI. I'm a big guy but I can feel one beer and two is just about too much for me to.drive. It would be fun to meet out and throw a few down but momma won't play the DD part. I know you live close enough to Huston's to walk home. I just don't have anywhere close.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you liked it medic. I've eaten there twice since I posted about the first visit. Wish I could.get over that way more often.

That brings up a problem. I love to have a beer with certain foods but I am just so paranoid about getting a DUI. I'm a big guy but I can feel one beer and two is just about too much for me to.drive. It would be fun to meet out and throw a few down but momma won't play the DD part. I know you live close enough to Huston's to walk home. I just don't have anywhere close.

Start training Sean, have a few beers at lunch, few at dinner and hop in the riding mower....before long you'll have built up your tolerance;)

The less fun alternative is have a beer or two then wait an hour or so to drive.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Got lucky and had a DD. We had a party of 7 last night and had to head back to catch the San Antonio Spurs game at the house. Those burgers are hard to beat...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Start training Sean, have a few beers at lunch, few at dinner and hop in the riding mower....before long you'll have built up your tolerance;)

The less fun alternative is have a beer or two then wait an hour or so to drive.

Thanks for the encouragement Clay. I know with your support and that of my fellow members I can someday aspire to being all I can be .........an obnoxious, sloshed restaurant patron.:smile:

Last edited:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the encouragement Clay. I know with your support and that of my fellow members I can someday aspire to being all I can be .........an obnoxious, sloshed restaurant patron.:smile:

Or a rambling sloppy drunk forum poster as some people like to call it....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not new but feel the need to share my opinion for some reason.

Went to Ryan's today for lunch. Only been there once before a couple of years ago. I now remember why. Nothing specific but it just sucked. All the veggies tasted like they were out of an outdated can. I don't care much for buffets anyway but the food there is plain.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What was that diner you took me to, Sean? That place had the best EVERYTHING! Even Laurie loved it and she's about as picky as she can be.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom