Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Price
    ???
    Item Location
    Gulf Breeze (improper)
    Looking for an inexpensive snub nose revolver to carry in the woods - something like a Taurus, Rossi, Charter - in .38 special. Stainless or aluminum frame would be a plus.

lightningII35

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got a brand new Charter Arms Undercover Lite .38spl ($350) with a shaved hammer and a brand new Taurus 856 .38spl ($350). I'd have to ship them to a FFL in your area, because I'm in AL. The prices do include shipping. 20220127_220429.jpg 20220127_220516.jpg

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for responding, Lightning. The price plus the transfer fee will likely put it out of how much I wanted to spend. For information purposes, and any one else that may be interested, would you charge sales tax if you shipped to FL?

lightningII35

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for responding, Lightning. The price plus the transfer fee will likely put it out of how much I wanted to spend. For information purposes, and any one else that may be interested, would you charge sales tax if you shipped to FL?
    No, only have to charge sales tax to AL residents.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A private seller shipping to an FFL would not charge sales tax. An FFL holder providing a service to ship may need to "tax the service", but would not be obligated to collect tax on the gun.

Technically, when you purchase an item from an individual, you are supposed to pay the sales tax. It is just that no one does it if the tax is not collected at point of sale.

Off the books purchases are kind of like speeding, you only pay the ticket when you get caught.

Do you have to pay sales tax on purchases made outside Florida?
    If you buy a taxable item outside Florida and bring it into (or have it delivered into) Florida, and you did not pay sales tax on the item, you owe use tax. Many Florida counties have a discretionary sales surtax (county tax) that applies to most transactions subject to the sales or use tax.
    Florida Dept. of Revenue - Florida Sales and Use Tax
    floridarevenue.com/taxes/taxesfees/pages/sales_tax.aspx

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Bottom