• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Size a bullet smaller than the bore and push it really fast. Or you might grind an angle on the base of one side of the bullet. An angle on the nose might make it tumble as well.

Last edited:

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I think you are trying to cross a bridge too far . The point[range] at which the bullet starts to yaw /tumble you probably have lost anything like accuracy . That said a smooth bore might work ,under sized bullets and most of their mass at the rear, bare in mind the reduced muzzle energy when they strike the target and lack of useful penetration .

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    undersizing a bullet would cause an improper gas seal when fired, which might lead to failures to eject or failure to feed, much like an underpowered load would. At least undersizing it enough that it doesn't engage the rifling and spin.
    A hollow projectile that would deform in flight MIGHT work, as the deformation would cause yaw, but if the projectile is too light you'll have issues getting it to cycle right.
    Could also go with a cast bullet that's a lot longer and sits deeper into the case to meet acceptable overall length. The rifling twist rate would be too slow to properly stabilize the longer bullet. Kinda like sending a 210gr pill through a .308 that's got a 1:12 twist rate. The projectile is too long for the slow twist rate to stabilize, resulting in shit accuracy and keyholing at range.
    The smooth-bore barrel though is probably the best option, and if it doesn't work well for your project, put in light springs and use it as a snake gun with 9mm shotshells.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shoot lots of pure non-lubed lead bullets in your weapon!

My experience with 5.56 at 25 yards last year after shooting thousands of .22lr in a 1-7 twist AR with a CCMG .22lr adapter.

IMG_3255.jpeg

Your mileage may vary!

One Shot fixed me up to put a end to that episode.(installed new 1-16” dedicated .22lr barrel……Happy Happy-Joy Joy!!)

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shoot lots of pure non-lubed lead bullets in your weapon!

My experience with 5.56 at 25 yards last year shooting after shooting thousands of .22lr in a 1-7 twist AR with a CCMG .22lr adapter.

View attachment 283576

Your mileage may vary!

One Shot fixed me up to put a end to that episode.
    That's actually bad ass. Talk about an anti personal round.

Long Range Nut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven’t loaded pistol before but lots of different rifle rounds. Longer the bearing surface of the bullet the higher twist needed. If your toeing the line of stabilizing the bullet sometimes increasing the velocity can correct that.

I guess if you work backwards from that I would think a heavy grain bullet, a smooth bore, and low velocity would give you a tumble.

Top Bottom