• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drake22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would like to know who shoots competitions locally? It's one of those things that I've said for years that I was going to start, and determined to do it his year. Does anyone shoot IDPA at ERGC? Also, interested in carbine or long range matches.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few of us on here shoot the IDPA matches monthly at ERGC. We usually have a side match that involves the carbines. Not sure of any all-carbine matches other than the one or two a year we try to hold in place of one of the IDPA shoots. We had a LOT of interest in our last one, so maybe we'll try to squeeze in a few more this year. Our match director is on here and he might be able to chime in on the rifle stuff. I can't see past the 20 yard cardboard so I couldn't tell ya where to go to find some long range shootin.

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pascagoula Shooting Club, just inside the MS border shoots Mid-Range (600 yards) and Long Range (1,000 yards) F-class on the 4th Saturday of the month. (about an 1 and 15 minutes from Pensacola) Target pulling duty is required.

Aim Rifle Club operates on Legion OTG in Blakely, GA using the 1,000 yard KD range. They have NRA Long Range on Sat/Sun (3 X 1,000 both days) on the weekend of the first Saturday and on the weekend of the 4th Sat they shoot NRA Highpower (200/300/600) on Saturday and NRA Mid-Range (3 x 600) on Sunday. Feb-Jun and Sep-Nov. July and Aug are suicide out there in the open sun. It is right at 3 hours to get there--Blakely, GA is about 30 minutes east of Dothan, AL. MR and LR events allow for conventional prone or F-Class. Target pulling duty is required.

Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club holds a NRA Highpower Rifle 200 yard "reduced" match (300 and 600 yard targets reduced for 200) on the first Sat of the month Feb-July and Sep-Nov. No target pits, just have to walk and score so the match runs about 2.5 hours.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    there are many clubs/public range around if you are willing to travel. Tristate Gun Club in Daleville AL is the only place I know of that hosts IDPA DMG (Defensive Multi Gun) match. if you are into 3 gun, Talon Tactical at Midway hosts it regularly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom