• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    IDPA 9/21/2014 Regular Match *Side Match TBD*

You missed my newly painted shotgun. I hate that the color didn't show up very well in the video. I've got a picture somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Looked very racy in the video. I like that. I'll get mine painted at some point, the old blue girl is showing her age.

MilVet09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of fun shooting today boys! Good stages and good turn out. Wish I could have run some three gun, maybe next time.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I loved it,I loved it I loved it, Came home and jouned IDPA. What a rush. As for the head shots TWICE. If a head has tape on it I am going to shoot it. Thats all I got to say about that.

Shooting left handed with one hand was a real trip and with both hands the slide got me. I was bleeding as much as my my head shot targets. Seems like every time I get around guns I bleed any more.

Thank everyone for the tips and makeing me feel welcome. More fun than I have had in years,Guess I need to get out moreLOL

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad you enjoyed it. This last match was a bit unusually static by our normal standards. I believe next week will have more movement both by the shooter and the targets.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent time yesterday fellas! Brant, that stage 3 run looked really strong, I'm still saying you put 2 through the same hole on that middle head shot... I need to stop bringing different guns to the matches, I'm braindead enough after the buzzer without fooling with a gun that I am unfamiliar with!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Excellent time yesterday fellas! Brant, that stage 3 run looked really strong, I'm still saying you put 2 through the same hole on that middle head shot... I need to stop bringing different guns to the matches, I'm braindead enough after the buzzer without fooling with a gun that I am unfamiliar with!

Thanks. I think it would have been the top few if I hadn't dropped that shot.

If you ever don't use your SP-01 and don't want it to get lonely, I'll be happy to run it. That trigger is absolutely fantastic.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad that you guys had a great time. Sorry I wasn't there to shoot with you guys and meet Snow Bird. If you gotta run to do well, sounds like someone needs more static practice. Otherwise, you start to sound like The Sundance Kid. What? "Can I move? I shoot a lot better when I move." :bounce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AoCK5r2TWg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad that you guys had a great time. Sorry I wasn't there to shoot with you guys and meet Snow Bird. If you gotta run to do well, sounds like someone needs more static practice. Otherwise, you start to sound like The Sundance Kid. What? "Can I move? I shoot a lot better when I move." :bounce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AoCK5r2TWg

Hope all is well, and we definitely missed your presence!

If your stage choices were made with the intention of completely throwing me off of my game (if I had any to begin with) consider them successful choices :D. All kidding aside, they were challenging stages, and I need more practice!

The side match was a success, although handling that many guns for one stage did seem to cause a bit of confusion.

All in all, a good time was had!

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looked like fun guys, wish I could have been there.

Brant - How many rounds were in your first mag in the side match? I sometimes find it difficult to seat pmags when they are jammed full.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looked like fun guys, wish I could have been there.

Brant - How many rounds were in your first mag in the side match? I sometimes find it difficult to seat pmags when they are jammed full.

Good point, you can squeeze 31 in there!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What gen mags? The new m3's have had issues fitting in several lowers that I've toyed with due to the over insertion stop.

I can't remember. I've had trouble on 20rnd M3's, but not on the 30's. Those were the same mags I've run in the past couple matches.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Most of mine are M3s. Never had a problem. Try some usgi style ones. Wilson has some for $8 or so right now.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Very nice. It's almost longhorn orange. Become would be proud.

Just messing with you. I heard you mention UT the other day and being from Texas, immediately thought you meant Austin. lol.
    It does look great.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom