• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Folks don't get to shoot their rifle in a running and gunning situation often, so we try to give them that opportunity after the pistol match. If you'll notice, during most of the 3 gun matches, the competitors carry their rifle or shotgun without a sling , THEN PUT IT DOWN on a barrel or table to maximize their speed. Clint Upchurch just started this year to try shooting his rifle and then slinging it, transition to pistol and vice versa. Said he'd never done that before and now he has to work out which type sling, which position to hold it so he can make most efficient use of his time. It is ANOTHER world when you have to "tote your rifle" then go to your pistol, unless you have already had such training in the military. It's not a LOT of things going on, but it's different enough to make you want to get your gear sorted out to aid in your transitions from one to the other because those small amounts of transition time really do matter if someone is facing you wanting to take your life. So bring at least two rifle mags and no more than forty rounds of rifle ammo.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sounds good. I promise to give someone some comic relief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Great !! I will bring an extra pair of clown shoes and red noses and we can both give everyone a good time! :bounce:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do ya'll take out-of-towners?! I'd like to come out, especially for the classifier. Really interested to see what the rifle matches are like.

What kind of gear do you need for the rifle?

All are welcome, there won't be a rifle match the day of the classifier, but there will be on on the 23rd. If you don't have mag holders I have a couple that I am happy to loan out to anyone that needs them.

I created another thread for the 23rd here http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showth...h-(With-Rifle-Side-Match)&p=178563#post178563

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yo Jeep! Be there, and bring yer camera. I am not shooting tomorrow, and will be on picture duty.

Sweet! Will do! I was debating on whether I wanted to bring it or not because I plan on concentrating on my shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    IDPA 8/23/2014 Regular Match (With Rifle Side Match)

Wait, let's move to the correct thread. Sorry. Good catch Jeep. I'm always off somehow. Story of my life. Lol.

Top Bottom