• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No rise at all. Very nice. Although, I'm pretty sure I saw your beard holding the rifle down.

The reduced rise is due to the Lantac Dragon. It should be even softer recoiling after I put the rifle gas barrel and adjustable gas block on and get a lightweight BCG and buffer. All in time....

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All insight and critiques are more than welcome!

Very solid Brent, it's better than my draw. You seem to do what I do which is roll your shoulders forward and "turtle" creating a large amount of tension in your upper body. You bend your knees well and have a very athletic and solid stance but you could simplify your draw by keeping your shoulders stationary, less moving parts the better and easier to reproduce every time. The best advice I have heard about fixing the shoulder rolling is that all the tension comes from your hands. When you present the gun try to consciously think about the tension starting in your hands and never let it going past your elbows. Your hands are the only thing controlling the recoil of the gun, there is no need to have tension in your shoulders. I think Ben Stoeger is one of the better examples of a "quiet" upper body with little to no tension in his shoulders. Slightly bent elbows and knees with a shoulder width stance, straight spine.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tenn, Thats what I was doing today for the first time in my life as I have never carried. Had a hoster thats 25 years and was using it. It's a learning curve for sure. Using my 1911 I had to think every step from saftey off to trigger pull. Had to change my grip and the way my finger was on the trigger and to pull it instead of squeese. Shot 100 rounds 1 shot at a time and improved along the way.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So what's the max number of gunslinger/desperados that can shoot in a match? Is there any room left?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    rules are similar to IDPA rules. MD will go over them after the pistol stages are through. Usually the side matches are pretty simple and straight forward. Normal safety rules are always in effect.

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone headin to the match live on the West side of P Cola? My ride might have backed out. So I am lookin for a possible alternate!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Can't make it. Our stuff is showing up at the new house in the morning. I thought it was Sunday. Bummer.

Top Bottom