• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Idpa 6/15/2014

Oh, yes, 10, I think I read that in the book.

May be a silly question, but do the people running single stack have a chance to top off the mag to run +1?

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sure. It's recommended that you have a spare mag with a few rounds to initially charge the chamber and then resupply your magazine well with your appropriately loaded ten round mag if that's the limit of your division's pistol. This is to make sure that you don't have mags with eleven rounds laying around and inadvertently load one of those during a match which could get you a Failure to Do Right penalty that would be very costly points wise during a match, especially if you are attending a sanctioned match where you've spent big bucks in entry fees, travel, motel fees, etc. Also, as a matter of course for you new guys: after you chamber a round before you re-holster, double check your chamber that the cartridge chambered. Two biggest noises: "Click" when it should be "Bang" and "Bang" when it should have been "Click."

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I can't promise to be graceful, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
    It's got me looking for a doublestack 9. Single action 226 is looking good. Less reloads to fumble up. ;)

Emphasis on single action! My D/A pull was really kicking my ass at the last match... I swapped out my standard trigger for an SRT and changed out the hammer spring for an #17 which lightened the pull quite a bit, under stress I was really yanking the hell out of that first shot. I still haven't decided if I am going to run the Sig again, or try one of my glocks on the next match. I was feeling pretty good with my 17 when Brant and I were practicing on Saturday so I might go ahead with that.

Really looking forward to this weekend!!!

I am going to snag one of the shot up IDPA targets at the match and use it to make a spray paint template so that I can practice on IDPA targets without having to buy those suckers.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Idpa 6/15/2014

The 9mm Springer seems like the perfect tool for the job, doing 10+1 in single action. Just not sure if I trust it just yet. May have to stick to 8+1 in the. 45 for this one. Even though, being a timed event with no power factor built into the scoring, just seems like the 45 would be a disadvantage. Oh well.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 9mm Springer seems like the perfect tool for the job, doing 10+1 in single action. Just not sure if I trust it just yet. May have to stick to 8+1 in the. 45 for this one. Even though, being a timed event with no power factor built into the scoring, just seems like the 45 would be a disadvantage. Oh well.

That was my thinking too, I need some more range time with the springfield before I give it a try though. I think that the 9MM 1911 puts you in a different class than the .45 1911's, but I don't fully understand how it all works just yet.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    9mm Springfield 1911 would be classed in the Enhanced Stock Pistol division (ESP) whereas the .45ACP is classed in the Custom Defensive Pistol (CDP) class in the 1911, but you could also shoot .45 ACP in Stock Service Pistol (SSP) like a Sig 220 or Ruger P97. Check the rulebook for classifications of divisions. See the rule book starting at page 30 for further information http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Idpa 6/15/2014

Great to know. Thank you, Sir, I'd rather shoot the 45 anyway. I'll go over the rules again before Saturday :)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just found out I've got to work on Saturday. Depending on how that goes and what I'm able to get done around the house, I may not be able to make it on Sunday.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Idpa 6/15/2014

Just found out I've got to work on Saturday. Depending on how that goes and what I'm able to get done around the house, I may not be able to make it on Sunday.

It's Father's Day! Right?
    Can't you work that angle?

If not, BOOO!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom