• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello,

If this is in the wrong section I apologize in advanced and you can move it to the right section. I finally talked my 70 year old Mother to get her c.c.p. She just semi-retired from F.D.L.E. 20+ year's but never had to have a c.c.p. My question is what is that place in F.W.B. that you can go get your license at? She will probably have to take the c.c. class, which I figured I would just take her this weekend to the fairgrounds and get her to take it there. She has been around firearm's since she was a little girl, her dad has property in Navarre that is hers now but he used to take her out there shooting when she was young and him and my father pretty much taught me just about everything I know to do with gun's. My Father is a retired Special Agent 30+ year's at F.D.L.E. so she has been around firearms her whole life. The other question I have is the place in F.W.B. what all will she need? Do they do the picture, fingerprints and the form there? so all she would need to do is go to the GunShow this weekend and take the class and just get the certificate?, or should she go ahead and get her picture, fingerprints, the packet filled out and everything and instead of mailing it in call F.W.B. and make an appointment and when she goes bring all of that with her?

Thank You in advanced,
    Sorry again if this is posted in the wrong place, please move it for me. I have been a member since this forum started I just have been to busy lately to get on here and shoot the bull.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can find out everything you need to know right here:
    http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License

Fort Walton Regional Office
    8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)*
    111 Racetrack Rd., Unit 111-C, Choctaw Plaza
    Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547-1816
    (850) 344-0300
    (850) 344-0301 Fax

Set an appointment, they fingerprint you, fill out application and take picture right there. In and out in less than half hour. Then wait a couple of months for the permit to come in...

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe it's by appoitment only. I had a six month wait last time I went but that was a while ago. I hear they are not nearly as backlogged now.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My appointment was only a week out when I did mine a couple months ago. Not sure how wise it is for anyone 70 plus years old in general to have a drivers licence much less a gun. Everyone is different, if she has the mental capacity still then go for it. Only you can make that call.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know more sharp 70 year olds than 30 year olds, and I only know a handful of people over 65.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My appointment was only a week out when I did mine a couple months ago. Not sure how wise it is for anyone 70 plus years old to have a drivers licence much less a gun. Everyone is different, if she has the mental capacity still then go for it. Only you can make that call.

I think there's some 70 year olds on this forum who aren't going to appreciate that comment!

Last edited:

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think there's some 70 year olds on this forum who aren't going to appreciate that comment!
    No problem, I've got 3 more years on my drivers license.....don't try to take my gun, if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My dad is 84 yo and nothing wrong with his mental state. I do know a lot of 30 somethings that I wouldn't trust with a super soaker. Depends on the person.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you are a competition shooter or something crazy like that, I will put my $$$, $$$$ where my mouth is, on her. We can go to the range anytime.

My appointment was only a week out when I did mine a couple months ago. Not sure how wise it is for anyone 70 plus years old in general to have a drivers licence much less a gun. Everyone is different, if she has the mental capacity still then go for it. Only you can make that call.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you are a competition shooter or something crazy like that, I will put my $$$, $$$$ where my mouth is, on her. We can go to the range anytime.

Just for poop's and giggles my Father is 71 and I will put it out there, you want to put a wager on going to the range with him I have at least 5k on him.
    F.D.L.E. you have to go to Tallahassee I believe twice a year, might be once now because the state is so cheap to qualify in shooting, not just target shooting it's a bunch of different things, you have to qualify driving and several other things. There is a member here that still work's there that I'm pretty sure he would know what all is involved now. Dad's be retired a little longer than I thought, with everything going on time gets away. If I remember a buddy that works at the SO said they have to qualify quarterly and if they don't they cant patrol until they qualify the next time, they are still a LEO just cant patrol.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If I say ---> "Some people above are as full of shit as a Christmas turkey" .... it's not a personal attack if I don't name a name,right ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I'll be 70 in two weeks and I want to thank you for my laugh for the week. lol You young kids got a lot to learn. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom