APOD Firearms

I have a nagging question to stir your nightmares.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the Ebola SWAT team takes you .....what happens to all your stuff?
    Should we be concerned about this NOW?
    I'm sure they will just clean and lube all your firearms....so that you can have them back after you get better right?
    Will all my work tools still be in my garage/truck.....will I still have a truck?
    Do they have the right to enter your household safe(S) while "sterilizing" your dwelling?
    Do we have any rights at all once they key in on us?
    I know....just lucky if you come out of it alive.....but I still would like to know....and maybe think ahead about how I leave my affairs when I leave the house.
    Its a brave new world after all ....rules seem to be fluid.
    Just wondering if I'm one sneeze away from being homeless, broke, and stripped of all I have amassed in my time on this planet.
    I'm not a democrat ....so I have to worry about where my next meal, cell phone, ect.....will come from.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And if they find traces of Ebola on your firearms will you be charged with unlawful possession of biological weapons?:noidea:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work with mental health professionals, very educated individuals with masters level and PhD educations...Im the boss and as I come into the office they were all talking about hiding their guns and buying plastic wrap and duct tape for their houses.. One bought an old concrete septic tank and was having it installed this weekend to hide guns and food. I'm telling you, this shit is getting real ... Quick.. After seeing my team react, it hit me.. I trust these people, this ain't good y'all.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YEA....that was where my mind was going today as well. Dont know what exactly to do about it yet.....but its something to consider.
    A case or two of IV bags would probably not be the worst thing to own.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You might want to pump the brakes a little, this is just another "pandemic" scare that we always have. Remember flesh eating disease was going to wipe us all out, do you remember SARS, how about avian flu aka bird flu, then there was swine flu. I just think the media is once again beating another story to death for ratings.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You might want to pump the brakes a little, this is just another "pandemic" scare that we always have. Remember flesh eating disease was going to wipe us all out, do you remember SARS, how about avian flu aka bird flu, then there was swine flu. I just think the media is once again beating another story to death for ratings.

True...but if it's not ...then it will come as a surprise to the unprepared.
    My questions really didn't even state that an individual would have to contract the disease to have to worry about the response. Just be indicated as a possible exposure risk.
    This has happened to a LOT of american citizens ....they are in quarantine right now. Most probably are NOT infected.....but that didn't keep them from being scooped up.
    What would happen to your household if you were indicated tomorrow?
    Besides....the bugs you mentiond are like common colds compared to Ebola and it's faster acting cousin.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hell....I'm watching a team bag the latest nurses household into hasmat bags right now on the news.
    Family photos gone.
    Tax records gone.
    Pets gone.
    Who knows what that poor nurse had in her apt....but it will be an empty shell if she ever returns.
    Just saying.....you might want to keep an eye on things....and put some things in a safe place. Never a bad plan anyway.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I remember, when a previous employer of mine, had a avian flu workshop. An ounce of prevention is my thought always...
    I'd rather be wrong than dead wrong

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think there is alot of danger right now but it is something to watch. Remember sani wipes don't work. I won't start to worry to much as I'm not around alot of people that fly right now. I will start to worry when people at Wallie World start wipeing the carts down with bleach before they shop.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got any tips for the rest of us?
    Best place to get supplies? List of supplies for situations that we could learn to deal with outside of a hospital?
    Or possibly point to the best source of this info?

Dealing with Ebola is well outside my scope of practice. I know ebola is a virus, but they pump the patients full of anti-biotics so the immune system can concentrate on the virus instead of trying to fight off any bacterial agents that love to slip in while the immune system is fighting the virus. The IV fluids would only aid in possibly keeping you hydrated if you couldn't take fluids orally. The only other way to not get this is to stay away from areas that are "hot".

Bandages and other trauma supplies don't work against biological agents. Only an NBC suit would help for this crap.

Galls.com sells medical supplies. Most other places will only sell to medical facilities. Yes I'm sure you can find places online. Also animal anti-biotics are the same ones they use on humans and usually you can find sites that sell the animal antibiotics.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks.
    Again....I'm not really wanting to discuss dealing with actual Ebola....just the effects that it existing in America will have on the rest of us.
    I want to be able to start over with something to work with after a quarantine, or deal with health problems that you would normally go to the emergency room for.....but can't due to the danger of exposure....or the hospitals being overwhelmed.

I have put stitches in my own legs twice. One nasty boat prop strike....clear to the bone.....and one razor knife slash.
    I never took antibiotics for either....never saw a doctor.....just good old hydrogen peroxide and alcohol. Needles sterilized by flame and waxed appolstery thread dipped in peroxide. Both healed perfectly....no complications....and look better than the one I got at the emergency room as a kid.
    Id just like to learn to deal with a collapsed lung, broken bones, severe dehydration,ect.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Self aid is the best thing to learn and be able to do if the SHTF. We as a whole rely way too much on the existing healthcare system for petty shit. I had to go to the ER about a month ago for a soldier, well while I was in there so many people were just coming in with coughs and runny noses (this was before Ebola crazy). ER's are not meant for this crap, that's why they get overwhelmed so quickly. Now if you are running a 103 fever and can't stop throwing up and are severely dehydrated because you can't keep down oral fluids, then yes that is an emergency. Colds and viruses will go away. You only hurt yourself and others when you go to a hospital or even doctor for the flu or FLS(flu like symptoms) and expect to get antibiotics. Let your immune system do the job it was meant to. This is why we now have MRSA and now even cases of VRSA.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Self aid is the best thing to learn and be able to do if the SHTF. We as a whole rely way too much on the existing healthcare system for petty shit. I had to go to the ER about a month ago for a soldier, well while I was in there so many people were just coming in with coughs and runny noses (this was before Ebola crazy). ER's are not meant for this crap, that's why they get overwhelmed so quickly. Now if you are running a 103 fever and can't stop throwing up and are severely dehydrated because you can't keep down oral fluids, then yes that is an emergency. Colds and viruses will go away. You only hurt yourself and others when you go to a hospital or even doctor for the flu or FLS(flu like symptoms) and expect to get antibiotics. Let your immune system do the job it was meant to. This is why we now have MRSA and now even cases of VRSA.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Too True

duchamp6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my mom went to Baptist today for a routine doc appt, they asked her if she'd been around anyone who'd traveled to west africa. They're getting prepared over there i hear....i'm so glad she didn't try to be funny for once and say yes...she woulda made the news and had us all quarantined. Maybe we should have an In Case of Emergency (ICE) buddy we trust in case something stupid like that happens. Shoot 'em a text, tell 'em where the spare key and all the guns and ammo are stashed. Crazy world out there right now for sure.

Top Bottom