• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Damn, Ed. If I was being enough of a Douchebag, that you had to come up and let me know, then I guess I'll take it easy for a while.

Over and out...

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Before anyone gets their internet panties in a knot - yes - I supported Ron's training in the past.
    Still do, YES!! he is a character - but the clowning stopped and he was deadly damn serious as soon as a sidearm was picked up (loaded or unloaded) when I was in his class.
    No - I do not know all the details that alot of the folks out here are privy too about what he has said or done to them.
    If he has been involved with Stolen Valor in any way shape or form I personally have not seen the evidence. But if he HAS - I am FULLY behind him getting what is deserved.
    Again - just pointing out how close your comments were to the ones that got ripped.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since a lot of you guys just want a gun that goes bang every time I am surprised there are not more Hipoint owners on here. :noidea:

I do not own a super high end 1911 but I do own 2 that costs more then most are willing to spend. Some people will never own or appreciate high end things & some will. Some people like them but will not pay for them. I like nice things especially well crafted things. I will pay more then most but not as much as others. I appreciate a good value over having the absolute best.

As a hobby I made custom fishing rods because I like quality & craftsmanship. Do I need a fancy rod to catch fish? No! I can catch them with a hand line if I wanted to. Is it worth $500 to 600 for a custom jigging rod for most? No. Is it better then a store bought hell yes. I spent 10 hours on just the decorative wrap on this rod. So one can imagine how much time went into the whole thing. I do not sell rods so this is not an advertisement. The average guy looks at this rod & has no clue what makes this rod worth that much. The guides alone on this rod cost more then most retail rods. Most store bought rods are not even built on the spine or back bone. I have 2 times as much thread on the guides making 2 times as strong. I hand sanded the grips. I moved the real seat forward to match the length of my arm. I cut the rod to the exact length where the rod stops bending before it hits the reel seat at my max drag setting.

High end 1911 are much the same IMO.

A true custom gun by a individual gunsmith is a work of ART IMO. I would hate to know how much time they spend shaping parts that most on here would not even notice.

Wrap showing all the individual threads that make up the wrap. Each thread is wrapped on buy hand.

Last edited:

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are RIA 1911's gtg or should I try to get the Kimber SIS I saw the other day?

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Guys! I had Rods on my mind because I am going fishing this weekend. First Offshore trip of the year.

This is 3 year old Spinal Blank they don't even make anymore. It is has the perfect bend for GOM vertical jigging.

Seems most people who own RIA's like & trust them. I say buy the best you can afford. Seems to me the Kimber would have better resell value if your are likely to resell.

Last edited:

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan - great video - just further convinces meet that my gun fund will finance a Wilson 1911 - just have to decide on the XTAC or CQB. Oh BTW Over and out is a little conflicting isn't it...:peace:

Joe can't say enough about your custom build - simply amazing - esthetically beautiful and high performance at the same time :first:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have an ATI Commander that I paid a little over $300 for, and it's a fantastic gun for what it is. I don't own any Wilson, Baer, etc., but I do have a TRP. The TRP isn't "high end" in my book, but since Kimbers were mentioned, I think I can bring my TRP into the conversation. The TRP is worth every bit of the difference in price, and then some, at least to me.

Top Bottom