• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    No, but about 11:00 or so I was on 90 west bound and there had to be at least 6 county LEO's blue lights on headed East, now, I figure they were headed to Avalon to take part in the CF you are refreing to

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    yesterday morning my daughter and son in law were driving back to my place from navarre. they jumped on 1-10 for the hop from east milton to bagdad. it was raining pretty good. he said there was a vehicle pulled over and when he braked the ABS engaged. but it continue to be engaged the rest of the way to the house. he said it drove very odd. i didnt think much of it at the time. but....i may be making stuff up here but i wonder if he hit that diesel patch and it was affecting the car the rest of his drive.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Diesel fuel and water is what they used to coat the asphalt with ,when teaching evasive driving. This was many years ago and probably wouldn’t be allowed today. But it sure was slick , a car would get out of control at a very slow speed and was next to impossible to control.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    yesterday morning my daughter and son in law were driving back to my place from navarre. they jumped on 1-10 for the hop from east milton to bagdad. it was raining pretty good. he said there was a vehicle pulled over and when he braked the ABS engaged. but it continue to be engaged the rest of the way to the house. he said it drove very odd. i didnt think much of it at the time. but....i may be making stuff up here but i wonder if he hit that diesel patch and it was affecting the car the rest of his drive.
    I'm not an engineer but have worked on my own stuff all my life. Newer vehicles have stability control that can cause the abs system to do crazy things, but im not sure the diesel had anything to do with it. The abs system in general only works when you are on the brakes. The stability control will apply one brake or two or all in rapid or slow pulses if it thinks you are out of control to keep the vehicle going in the right direction. It will pulse the abs without brake pedal. It has a mind of its own.

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All I know is, that was the worst commute home from work that I ever had. I was on I-10 headed home and I got caught up in the traffic jam around MM 35 or so, I finally made it to exit 31 and was trying to get on 90 west bound, but traffic was at a standstill so I finally got on 90 east bound and had to back track east down Hwy 90 and drive through Blackwater State Forest to get to Munson Highway to get home.

Top Bottom