• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TerryBibble

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone, new member here and looking forward to being part of the community. I was looking to get the stock on my XDM40 4.5 hydro dipped and wanted know is anyone here knew of a local place in or near Pensacola I could get this done without shipping. Thanks in advance for any info

TerryBibble

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I probably should have asked them. I was just in there today asking about duracoat/ceracoat and didnt even mention it. Thank you

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone, new member here and looking forward to being part of the community. I was looking to get the stock on my XDM40 4.5 hydro dipped and wanted know is anyone here knew of a local place in or near Pensacola I could get this done without shipping. Thanks in advance for any info

Liquid Effects
    Pensacola's Premier Hydrographics
    (850)776-4535
    https://www.facebook.com/liquideffects16/
    Liquid Effects on facebook
    Fireman Owned and Operated
    Owner: Scott Snowden
    email: scott.liquideffects@gmail.com

Tell him Joe sent you for a discount, He went to the school for it, has all top of the line equipment and a bunch of different patterns. He is OCD, so if it's not perfect he will make it perfect. Check out some of his work at Liquid Effects on facebook

Last edited:

TerryBibble

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Liquid Effects
    Pensacola's Premier Hydrographics
    (850)776-4535
    https://www.facebook.com/liquideffects16/
    Liquid Effects on facebook
    Fireman Owned and Operated
    Owner: Scott Snowden
    email: scott.liquideffects@gmail.com

Tell him Joe sent you for a discount, He went to the school for it, has all top of the line equipment and a bunch of different patterns. He is OCD, so if it's not perfect he will make it perfect. Check out some of his work at Liquid Effects on facebook

Sounds good Joe, thanks for the tip. I'll have to go make a fb account to look at it now

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    What's the difference between hydrographic dipping and ceracoating? Is one better the other?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's the difference between hydrographic dipping and ceracoating? Is one better the other?
    Cerakoting is more durable. It's a baked on coating. Hydro-dip is a thin film applied on top the item.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Thanks, TennJeep! I thought cerakoting might be a better choice. I haven't read up on hydro dipping.

TerryBibble

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I was just wanting to do a american flag design on my home defense xdm and hydro dipping is capable of that and the ceracoat/duracoat is pretty limited to just solid colors.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have you or anyone you know had any experience with hydro dipping handgun?
    No, my only experience with hydro dipping comes from bows ands accessories. And cerakote/duracoat isn't limited to solid colors. Search for cerakote American flag and you'll be surprised at what can be done. There are a couple members on here that do great work.

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cerakoting is more durable. It's a baked on coating. Hydro-dip is a thin film applied on top the item.

True, hydrodip is a thin film, but the film is invariably over-coated with a two part automotive clear coat. So in that respect, it can be considered as durable as the finish on your new car. In other words, a hydrodip finish is not like a fragile decal.

The huge advantage with a hydrodip finish is that since it begins life as a printed product, the design can include extremely fine detail. And since it's mass produced, it's inexpensive. A stock painted with a simple Cerakote finish and one done with hydro dipping are roughly the same cost. If you like black, then hydrodip makes no sense.

However, if you want your stock covered in two hundred tiny American flags, then the hydrodip cost remains the same while duplicating that design using a hand painted or air brushed Cerakote finish (or any painted finish) means the cost will go WAY up.

Both finishing systems have a place in the shooting sports. It all depends on what you want/need.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    True, hydrodip is a thin film, but the film is invariably over-coated with a two part automotive clear coat. So in that respect, it can be considered as durable as the finish on your new car. In other words, a hydrodip finish is not like a fragile decal.

The huge advantage with a hydrodip finish is that since it begins life as a printed product, the design can include extremely fine detail. And since it's mass produced, it's inexpensive. A stock painted with a simple Cerakote finish and one done with hydro dipping are roughly the same cost. If you like black, then hydrodip makes no sense.

However, if you want your stock covered in two hundred tiny American flags, then the hydrodip cost remains the same while duplicating that design using a hand painted or air brushed Cerakote finish (or any painted finish) means the cost will go WAY up.

Both finishing systems have a place in the shooting sports. It all depends on what you want/need.

The hydro dipped items I've used must not have been clear coated, because they scratched very easily.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds good Joe, thanks for the tip. I'll have to go make a fb account to look at it now

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I talked to my buddy yesterday and he is actually selling all of his equipment due to being a fireman and working a second job when he's not at the fire station which leaves him very little time with the family.

Now with that being said, I can probably get someone a good deal on All the equipment needed to have a Hydrographics business, including all kind of different pattern's/color's of camo, carbonfiber, etc... He has one of the biggest Hydrographics dipping tank's around here. I didn't get into full detail with him about it yet, I was planning on going by his house tonight and seeing exactly what he is going to do with everything. When I do see him and talk about it I will post it on here incase someone want's to start a business/side-job/etc... There is good Money in it I have seen it personally, but I guess when you have enough you would rather spend time with your Wife & Kid.

Sorry about the confusion and like I said, When I talk to him about it some more I will make a thread for it if he's really selling it.
    Thanks

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The hydro dipped items I've used must not have been clear coated, because they scratched very easily.

I bet you used the guy that used to work at Dick's sporting goods in the Mall. Him and my buddy were friends and when my buddy started talking about buying everything and going to class, "I think the call was in North Carolina" the guy that worked at Dick's (Alex) didn't go to the class and get certified he went behind his buddies back and bought some equipment and tried to set up shop, his tank is half the size of my buddies and seeing how my buddy went to the school/class he knows how to do it the right way. Yes you have to dip it a certain way in the graphic, let it bake/dry, touch up area's with a airbrush type paint gun and then seal it. He has done several firearms and never had one complaint. He still has some of the work he's done at Liquid Effect's Pensacola on facebook, that will give you an idea of how Hydro-dipping is supposed to look. If you go look at it look at the kel-tec P3AT he did the slide in carbon fiber

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bet you used the guy that used to work at Dick's sporting goods in the Mall. Him and my buddy were friends and when my buddy started talking about buying everything and going to class, "I think the call was in North Carolina" the guy that worked at Dick's (Alex) didn't go to the class and get certified he went behind his buddies back and bought some equipment and tried to set up shop, his tank is half the size of my buddies and seeing how my buddy went to the school/class he knows how to do it the right way. Yes you have to dip it a certain way in the graphic, let it bake/dry, touch up area's with a airbrush type paint gun and then seal it. He has done several firearms and never had one complaint. He still has some of the work he's done at Liquid Effect's Pensacola on facebook, that will give you an idea of how Hydro-dipping is supposed to look. If you go look at it look at the kel-tec P3AT he did the slide in carbon fiber

The archery items I'm talking about were dipped from the factory. Bows, quivers, sights, stabilizers, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom