• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anybody even watch the hurricane pimps I mean the weather channel anymore how is what they do no different from yelling fire in a crowded theater for money no less tried to comment on the Web site of course you can’t do that went to Jim Kantorei‘s Twitter site it was full of people saying the same thing People at work think it’s gods own weather channel and I must be insane for criticizing them it is a clown world people

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you have to remember that it's a ratings thing and of course that means a money thing. Just pick out the BS from the facts and carry on. The WC is still the best at having people on the ground.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Weather Channel definitely over hypes hurricanes but when you think about somebody has to. Even with the Weather Channel telling everyone how dangerous this storm is there will be people who stay behind and are killed by the storm surge or winds that knock down a 100 year old oak on top of their house. Hurricane Michael is our last example of despite all the hype 59 people died because they didn't evacuate with a Category 4-5 storm heading directly at them. I was TDY in NM when this storm hit and watched all the hype on the Weather Channel thinking nobody is going to stay in their coastal homes with storm headed their way, boy was I wrong! If you don't like the drama on the Weather Channel give Weather Nation a try, I switch to that when I tire of the Weather Channel drama! I believe Weather Nation is a free Online App, I have it through Amazon Prime.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The clown channel used to have people on from the national hurricane center all the time notice how they don’t do that anymore I guess they were not sensational enough for them Don’t want professionalism to get in the way

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm still waiting for the large flying piece of crap to hit Cantore square between the eyes during one of his hurricane stunts. So damned stupid.

I still remember the sear panic in his voice during Katrina when the storm surge ran the water half way up the windows in the van he had parked at the Naval Retirement home in Gulfport and they had to go to the second floor. :D

peteGon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, this is the story as it was told too me, the demoncrats working with NASA, used their telemetry and other space gadgetry, such as HAARP array , an so forth to steer the hurricanes toward the U.S. . this action was approved by biden to disrupt the RNC. this story can't be confirmed, because the witness refuses to come forward for fear of retribution.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still waiting for the large flying piece of crap to hit Cantore square between the eyes during one of his hurricane stunts. So damned stupid.
    Cantore likes to be in the center of the action. The story was told that after hurricane Ivan, there was an after action session held at the Escambia County EOC. He supposedly asked what he could do to make things better. Somebody in the crowd said for him to stay the hell away from here.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, this is the story as it was told too me, the demoncrats working with NASA, used their telemetry and other space gadgetry, such as HAARP array , an so forth to steer the hurricanes toward the U.S. . this action was approved by biden to disrupt the RNC. this story can't be confirmed, because the witness refuses to come forward for fear of retribution.
    I have no doubt that somebody said that.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WX channel is a mixed bag. Overall, they put out good technical info and are central source for several locations with boots and cameras on the ground. Some over the top drama /marketing of slow motion train wreak news: sure is. As far as "hype" goes, its always to support prep for the worst because people don't learn nor listen to the warnings and die event after event. It's weather guessing, not a perfect science. HL was predicted to cause extreme storm surge but that didn't happen this time. Way to early for accurate damage, power and water system estimates. 3 Known deaths so far bu search & rescue still on going as now TS Laura rolls on.

It boils down to whether you see some value in the programming or not. Pretty sure changing the channel isn't too hard. Lol. If your here, you can also use the NOAA/National Hurricane Center Web sites but its still guesswork and Warnings based on worse case scenarios.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You are required to be a hard-core believer in climate change, green new deal and AOC as our savior to work at the weather channel.
    And atheist. Dont forget the Weather Channel endorses denying God exists and endorses satan worshipping "mother earth"

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Government admitted openly to "cloud seeding" ahead of Katrina, which is a technique to steer a storm! It worked. They were bragging about it on the documentary. Just didn't work enough to matter.... that time.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got left on a levee late on afternoon in the Atchafalya Basin guarding a surveyors tripod as the rest of the crew went looking for survey markers. The mosquitoes came out as the sun went down and with the crew not back I hid the tripod and started walking to a light I saw about 2 miles down the levee because the damn mosquitoes were swarming on me. I was killing them by the handful as I walked towards the light that turned out to be a dragline run by and old black man. When I walked into his light he idled down and shouted at me "boy where's your dope" that confused the hell out of me until he said "your skeeter dope boy" I shouted ain't got none and he threw me a can of Cutter Mosquito Repellent. That old man saved my life I'm sure as I was having to use one hand to keep my nose clear to breath while the other hand was wiping handfuls of skeeters of my arms and swapping hands continually. The next day I was working for a new boss.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I got left on a levee late on afternoon in the Atchafalya Basin guarding a surveyors tripod as the rest of the crew went looking for survey markers. The mosquitoes came out as the sun went down and with the crew not back I hid the tripod and started walking to a light I saw about 2 miles down the levee because the damn mosquitoes were swarming on me. I was killing them by the handful as I walked towards the light that turned out to be a dragline run by and old black man. When I walked into his light he idled down and shouted at me "boy where's your dope" that confused the hell out of me until he said "your skeeter dope boy" I shouted ain't got none and he threw me a can of Cutter Mosquito Repellent. That old man saved my life I'm sure as I was having to use one hand to keep my nose clear to breath while the other hand was wiping handfuls of skeeters of my arms and swapping hands continually. The next day I was working for a new boss.
    Shit! Lmao! In my 3 years of land surveying we never left anybody, no matter how much we didn't like them! This is a great example of the importance of items in your EDC kit, and having it EDC everywhere you go, even at work.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Shit! Lmao! In my 3 years of land surveying we never left anybody, no matter how much we didn't like them! This is a great example of the importance of items in your EDC kit, and having it EDC everywhere you go, even at work.

I was the new guy both to survey and Louisiana and I learned my lesson that day or rather that evening always be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My son recently graduated from Troy with a Bachelor of Science in Surveying and Geomatics and landed a job in Mobile surveying straight out of college. He's already looking for a different job, he has experience as an intern doing work as a project coordinator so he's trying to move in that direction.

Top Bottom