• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Want to see a bunch of grown men act like school girls? Put them together in a hunting club! It's flat out stupid how grown men act in a hunting club! Everyone wants to hunt differently and no one can leave well enough alone anything!

You have to have so many freaking rules to cover all the idiots that it's no fun and you can't enjoy anything!
    It's cause of testosterone. Male pattern d waving. I just sign in, drop my bride at her stand and go hunt.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    So how many members are you thinking? My older son and I may be interested to relieve some of the pressure from our land north of luverne. We are very selective on bucks, my younger kids where also brought up and taught to be selective.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It has to be the right club and the right people.

I just need a place to put a camper, four wheeler, and a stash of clothes. I hope to find a place in the next few years. My kids are young so I am not in a rush.
    Blink and see what happens... I thought I had time too. Now everybody's grown and moved on. You only have today

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Blink and see what happens... I thought I had time too. Now everybody's grown and moved on. You only have today
    Very true, you only have time if you have a plan and execute it. I've done a lot of things I wanted with my children; of course you always want to do more but that's life - imperfect at it's best.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It has to be the right club and the right people.

I just need a place to put a camper, four wheeler, and a stash of clothes. I hope to find a place in the next few years. My kids are young so I am not in a rush.
    I'm looking for the same thing, hopefully North of I-10 but still in Florida to keep costs down.

joebuck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a thought, but you may want to consider posting this on the aldeer.com forum as well, under the "Land, Leases, and Hunting Clubs" section. Might get some interest from some more "local" guys that do not have the added expense of out of state license, long travel distances (could be good or bad), etc ...

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just a thought, but you may want to consider posting this on the aldeer.com forum as well, under the "Land, Leases, and Hunting Clubs" section. Might get some interest from some more "local" guys that do not have the added expense of out of state license, long travel distances (could be good or bad), etc ...

You may want to also put up the rules, etc, even if you just copy them from the old club.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I liked them all, good folks, saw some turkeys while showing them over , one hen stood still right by us with all her newly hatched babies, heard one gobble just before they left
    Just spoke with her. Looks good. She sent pics. I see you have a fall turkey season. Solves my every year problem of being at work during spring season!!

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sorry but we don’t shoot turkeys here in the fall season, they would be too easily ambushed or bushwhacked on the plots and we’ve never allowed it, even though the state allows it don’t know of any clubs around here that will shoot one in the fall, always protected them until the spring season.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If we allowed killing turkeys in the fall while hunters were sitting on plots they would be decimated and exterminated at the blink of an eye. In my 40 plus years of hunting and being in 4 different clubs as well as being an invited guest hunting in many other clubs I’ve never never seen a club that allowed fall turkey hunting in this area. That’s why we have good numbers of them, management and protection.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Publishing the rules of your hunting club would help folks decide if they were interested in becoming a part of it. In my opinion most folks like to know what they are agreeing to before they make a monetary commitment.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If we allowed killing turkeys in the fall while hunters were sitting on plots they would be decimated and exterminated at the blink of an eye. In my 40 plus years of hunting and being in 4 different clubs as well as being an invited guest hunting in many other clubs I’ve never never seen a club that allowed fall turkey hunting in this area. That’s why we have good numbers of them, management and protection.
    And now we know why the other members left.

Who does not allow hunting during an open season?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well... I'm not going to opine on whether or not restricting certain hunting activities is a good thing or bad thing.

It just goes to show that hunt clubs can be quite restrictive with their rules and generally DON'T allow the fullest hunting opportunities as allowed by local law. Actually, I've never seen, and can't ever remember, a club whose rules allowed everything that the game laws allowed, there were always restrictions of some type.

For success and less drama, members need to share the same goals and ideas, find a club that does it the way you like, otherwise, the butt-hurt will flow heavy.

Besides, I know for a fact hunt club members sit around the camp fire patting each other on the back for having and following rules yet on Tuesday when most are gone home for the work week, a couple others stay behind and do as they please lol. Anyone who things all of their members are playing fair by the rules is a fool. Club managers deep down already know this...

Top Bottom