• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't know where to begin with this one...

It is a brand new, unfired, still tagged, 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun. I have very little information from the seller and cannot find much on the web about it. From what I gather it is a Huglu brand, Turkish shotgun that was custom ordered from the manufacturer and later brought to the U.S. by a military officer stationed in Turkey. Huglu is known for making top notch over under and side by side hunting shotguns that are truly world class. They normally sell for a good deal of money and are next to impossible to find in the states. This one has a more tactical look with a muzzle brake and composite stock and fore grip instead of the usual wood stocks. It is labeled as a G-505 "STAR" model and is fully nickel plated, beautifully engraved on both sides of the reciever and well finished from top to bottom. The bolt is polished to a mirror finish and the whole trigger action is smooth as silk with a great trigger break and the drilled muzzle brake just tops the whole package off. Truly top quality from top to bottom and honestly just a badass gun. This company does not export to the U.S.A. I cannot find this layout anywhere on the web period. It is unbelievably light and agile and is just gorgeous. A truly one of a kind shotgun. If you want something well built, super light and definitely one of a kind, no matter where you are; this is your gun. Pictures don't do it justice!!!

*More pictures available upon request.

Trades:

I really would like to get cash for this one but I am always open to trades. I will entertain anything; firearms or otherwise as long as it isn't junk.

Attachments

• Huglu (1).jpg
      Huglu (1).jpg
      236.4 KB · Views: 157
    • Huglu (3).jpg
      Huglu (3).jpg
      262.4 KB · Views: 156
    • Huglu (4).jpg
      Huglu (4).jpg
      253.5 KB · Views: 156
    • Huglu (5).jpg
      Huglu (5).jpg
      276.8 KB · Views: 155
    • Huglu (8).jpg
      Huglu (8).jpg
      254.6 KB · Views: 156
    Last edited:

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It is smooth bore. I was told by the previous owner and assumed by the labeling that it was 3" magnum friendly but now I wonder. I will adjust my ad to reflect the revelation and I thank you for asking a relevant question. I am not a shotgun enthusiast and got this on a whim honestly, so excuse my ignorance on them.

dr0belcher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just for the record I never said 3" I just said 12 ga from turkey could not get into specifics. For one reason and one reason only. You can not find it anywhere it's custom. Glws

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well with the sights on it like a rifle and a brake it is like our slug guns here, Mine is rifled but they do not have to be. I do not believe it is for bird shot, no chokes right?

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Absolutely, and I in no way want to portray it any way other than that. I am just clearing up the record and as such have changed the ad to reflect that. I am in the same boat as you now that I own it, and cannot find a darned thing on it either. As I said if you look at the tags and the receiver being stamped as magnum I assumed it to be such and it certainly may well be. I don't have any slugs handy or I could check but I have removed it from the ad as I am not sure. So now potential buyers can assume it their responsibility to find out and not advertised as such by me. Once again, sorry for the mistake, if in fact there was one.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Correct; no chokes and I concur 100% FrankT it very well might be. I will try to get a slug and find out in the near future. It certainly does not appear to be a bird gun to me either.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It looks like a 7+1 tube, I would be surprised if it is Magnum that is is not up to 3". I too have a Turkish 12 GA, it has cycling issues and no one knows how to work on it. Mine is very light due to it having an aluminum receiver.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    This one is very light as well, surprisingly so. Thanks for all the insight, it seems I learn more from this forum than anywhere else.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well heck is says Magnum on it so that is what it should be. Ok a slug is the same size as a birdshot. If you have 3" shells see if it will cycle them and how many it will hold same w 2 3/4". See if a local gunsmith can track down info for you.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    MODEL: G505
    FİŞEK YATAĞI: 76MM
    MEKANİZMA: YARI OTOMATİK
    NAMLU BOYU: 71CM
    KAPASİTE: 7+1
    CAL.: 12
    ŞOK: 5 ADET İÇTEN
    EJEKTÖR: YOK
    SELEKTÖR: YOK
    TETİK: TEK

Which translate to this

MODEL: G505
    CHAMBER: 76MM
    MECHANISM: SEMI-AUTOMATIC
    BARREL LENGTH: 71CM
    CAPACITY: 7 +1
    CAL.: 12
    SHOCK: 5 UNITS INTERNAL
    EJECTOR: NO
    SELECTOR: NO
    TRIGGER: SINGLE

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok I found the magnum here's what it says

12 Çap,STAR HUĞLU Otomatik,Çelik Kasa,Yivsiz Av Tüfeği,76 mm MAGNUM Fişek Yataklı,Dıştan Mobil Şoklu, Alev Gizleyen Aparatlı,Siyah Krom Namlu,V Gez,Yüksek Arpacık,7+1 Fişek Kapasiteli,Sertleştirilmiş

Which translates to this

12 Diameter, STAR Hugli Auto, Steel Box, smooth-bore Shotgun, 76 mm Magnum Cartridge Twin, External Mobile Shock, Flame Hide the Apparatus, Black Chrome Barrel, V hindsight, High Shallots, 7 +1 Cartridge Yield, hardened

DLo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it would take a whole broomstick to make a plug for it, what does 76 magnum cartridge translate to?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah but to make it a legal bird gun and actually use it in the field you have to plug it!

My Turkish gun is the veronica, S5 I believe and worked great the first year, now has a gas issue and no one to work on it, I cannot even sell the gun.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom