• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was shooting one of my 30 carb. to day wanted to how some LC-52 carb ammo would do . Shot this 4 in group at 100yds.May have been better if I could have seen the black better, need to move the sights a little bet to the left but was trying for a group . This ammo is over 61 yrs.old almost as old as me. Shot this in a unv. made carb. that I reworked with all GI parts just the REC. and barrel is org. I think I can do better need time. Just my 2 cents jj

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice. Old ammo will still poke holes. I fired a couple rounds of 8.23mm Mauser a year or so back that was loaded in 1888. fired just fine...in a vise...with a string on the trigger.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have some old reloads of mine from .25-06 circa 1973 to .22-250 and .44 mag from 1982. They all shoot just fine except for one batch of .22-250. I don't know whats different about that one load but after these three I gave up on that one box. I pulled the bullets and maybe 1 in 5 the H-380 powder was clumped up and would not pour out of the case.

Oh yeah, I also have some old "Frontier" brand .308 from 1980 or so. It was Hornady's first run at factory ammo. They shoot just fine.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've shot over a thou of the HXP62 Greek US30 Cal without a single hangfire or FTF. I actually found it has better accuracy and higher MV than the LC69 I've shot. This Greek ammo came in sealed spam cans and was still bright and shiny and had "that smell" when opened, unlike the LC which came in 30 cal ammo cans and was not exactly bright and shiny.

I also have a batch of '52 carbine ammo I've been shooting with no problems, never did a serious accuracy test though.

JJ, do you trim your carbine brass before reloading?

Rick

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After my father passed away we were cleaning out the house and found over 5,000 reloads of mine in all different calibers that he had. Some of these were over 40 years old. About a month later we grabbed all the kids and weapons and told them to start burning ammo. Not one problem with any of it. I always like to start the new year with fresh ammo and this helps the kids with getting more range time. Didnt know he kept a lot of the ammo. Just assumed he dropped off the emptys at the house.

Top Bottom