• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    But can you perform it like I did, or are you just sympathizing for the unlookers. About all those 1K shots you have taken, and about how many of them have been successful. Explain away, now how about we spend a moment of understanding? Balls in your court SIR!
    LMFAO, I found a pic of your logic tree - SSDD...

iu

Besides I'm still waiting for an explanation of all your 'combat shooting experience' several threads back which you pontificate about in a similar manner.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now, if that's not reasonably clear, keep doing what you're doing if it works for you, and till then you're tilting at windmills.

Tilting at windmills from Webster... "to use time and energy to attack an enemy or problem that is not real or important"

It really is not important to us why so with you???
    Perfect explanation.

I'm convinced he will argue any point, even one's he's previously agreed with...

Plenty of evidence.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    M118, you're not figuring it like we do...

First there's range brass loss, which depending on caliber can be 20 to 100%. At matches I always left brass on the ground. Training on a crowded range I just leave it there. It adds up.

Then there's natural attrition from case splits. The fewer brass cases you have and rotate them faster, the quicker your cases split necessitating buying more brass. Rotating brass quickly to keep 500 empties makes zero sense, to us at least.

Don't forget that many like new or once fired brass for barn burner 10's, .357 mags etc. for target, load development and hunting. These are often completely separate stock from range day with uncle Fred.

Also that for certain calibers like .45 Colt, .38 super, .357 Sig and others buying brass in bulk when it's available in any quantity possible makes sense. I recently bought 3k .38 super brass because nobody has it in stock.

Lastly it's immensely gratifying to reach on my load bench with several thou loaded rounds already made for a day long range trip with my son, GF's son and others and they can gobble all they want without spending stupid money on factory ammo and I don't have to chase brass to recover it knowing I have buckets of empties at home to replace them with.

See pic.

Now, if that's not reasonably clear, keep doing what you're doing if it works for you, and till then you're tilting at windmills.

Tilting at windmills from Webster... "to use time and energy to attack an enemy or problem that is not real or important"

It really is not important to us why so with you???
    The 38 Super example resonates. It's one of the reasons that I've never added the caliber to my 1911 shooting. Yes brass is a never ending battle of attrition, and eventually it all needs to be replaced. I find it difficult enough to make time for a lot of 100 nowadays, finding time for lots in the thousands? It's way easier to reload whenever I get to 100 empty cases, and it keeps more rounds at the ready. But if you have the time and inclinations load by the thousands, it just seems like a lot of empty cases laying around doing nothing for an extended period of time to me. Without being in some type of competition I wonder how long it takes an average shooter to expend a thousand rounds in any single caliber? It's not difficult to expend a hundred rounds during any range day even without being in competition. JMHO.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My problem is as soon as I load some. I run out and shoot em. Lol. Took a buck last year using my 10mm handloads and a TNW AERO carbine. Made me very proud and a real feeling of accomplishment. Especially after the Fudds at the camp were giving me hell for using MSR.

Last edited:

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My problem is as soon as I load some. I run out and shoot em. Lol. Took a buck last year using my 10mm handloads and a TNW AERO carbine. Made me very proud and a real feeling of accomplishment. Especially after the Fudds at the camp were giving me

Excellent! Got details on the buck you shot?

BTW, I have SCADS of 10mm brass and in preparation for a move to another house and in a moment of weakness I VERY briefly considered giving some away to fellow 10 shooters. I'm glad I came to my senses because not long ago I started shooting 9x25 which I reformed from 10mm brass. It's the same with .357 Sig and .40. You NEVER know! :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

BTW, I have SCADS of 10mm brass and in preparation for a move to another house and in a moment of weakness I VERY briefly considered giving some away to fellow 10 shooters. I'm glad I came to my senses because not long ago I started shooting 9x25 which I reformed from 10mm brass. It's the same with .357 Sig and .40. You NEVER know! :)
    9 is fine but 10 is for men.... :)

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has been enlightening, entertaining and informative. How about you reloader extraordinary's give tours of your reloading facility. I would be glad to assist.
    If you were local to So. Flo. I'd let you have a (watchful) go at a couple of boxes in your choice (except 9mm) of caliber.

As far as pics go, they don't make a lens with a wide enough angle to get it all in, and I'm not very good at stitching together a triptych.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Top Bottom