DK Firearms

How Long Before an Attack Like Paris Happens on US Soil?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My wife is from Spain hence she's European so that is why we visit Europe. For Europeans visiting the countries near where they're from is similar to us visiting other states. I'm not saying we'll never go back because we will but when the threat is high like it is now there is no reason to risk it. In addition to Paris today there's news that an 18 year old American tourist from Boston was killed in a Palestinian terrorist attack in Israel. We're living in dangerous times.

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What could terroist be thinking of attacking in Alabama ? I know a peanut farm. The world would cease to exist if we lost all of our peanuts. Sorry must be a hay farm. I live in Alabama by the way and I would imagine they are looking for a congested area for maximum human deaths. Of course I would not want ANY place in our great country attacked by anyone. We need to stop ALL influx of foreigners into our country for the time being and seal our borders. If a concerete wall 300 foot deep and 300 foot high with a 200 yard kill zone would do it, I say get to building it around our WHOLE country. Then start really vetting EVERYONE who comes here. This is not the 1930's, 40's, 50's or even the 60's anymore. There are thoses out there that want all of us dead, including some of our own here in this country. Maybe I'm just rattling on. Sorry

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be traveling to N. AL (Athens) on Monday for about a week's stay. Hope they don't hit Montgomery or Birmingham while I'm traversing those cities. Hate to get stuck there, especially in B-Ham.

Tangentially related to the OP...

Five Very Bad Targets for ISIS

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What could terroist be thinking of attacking in Alabama ? I know a peanut farm. The world would cease to exist if we lost all of our peanuts. Sorry must be a hay farm. I live in Alabama by the way and I would imagine they are looking for a congested area for maximum human deaths. Of course I would not want ANY place in our great country attacked by anyone. We need to stop ALL influx of foreigners into our country for the time being and seal our borders. If a concerete wall 300 foot deep and 300 foot high with a 200 yard kill zone would do it, I say get to building it around our WHOLE country. Then start really vetting EVERYONE who comes here. This is not the 1930's, 40's, 50's or even the 60's anymore. There are thoses out there that want all of us dead, including some of our own here in this country. Maybe I'm just rattling on. Sorry

the thing is, they don't always need max deaths....they want to strike fear into the heartland...even something as small as Opp, al

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with Sean. Loan wolf with a bomb straped to his chest in the winter in a crowded maul or sporting event. Think about the lighting of the Christmas lights tonight in Fairhope.

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dianne Feinstein has posted GUN FREE ZONE signs all over so that should stop a lot of attacks. The problem is that we don't have any SUICIDE VEST FREE ZONE signs and that could spell trouble!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That or sports gatherings. Superbowl, something like that. Destroy American traditions and passions, put a black veil over the stuff we love and enjoy. My belief is they're more evil than anyone gives them credit for.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You have fort rucker(home of aviation) redstone arsenal also.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with Sean. Loan wolf with a bomb straped to his chest in the winter in a crowded maul or sporting event. Think about the lighting of the Christmas lights tonight in Fairhope.

It's very difficult for a lone wolf to pull off a bombing. Bomb attacks normally require some more logistics and talent than one single person will have. The bomb makers themselves normally are not strapping their own products on. In that sense, it's not a true lone wolf.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That or sports gatherings. Superbowl, something like that. Destroy American traditions and passions, put a black veil over the stuff we love and enjoy. My belief is they're more evil than anyone gives them credit for.

SB would be very hard. No reason to hit a stadium of 70,000 when you can go to ANY of the SEC games and hit a stadium of 100,000. Still not easy though. I know terrorism is about a big splash, but you don't have to hit well know targets to get that. None of the targets in Paris were known to anyone here. They're weren't a big deal like a SB or the Eifel Tower. It's not always the target that is what draws attention. It's the action on that target.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If the peanut farm had 30 employees and they killed every single person, then there is your big splash. "We don't care if you work in the Empire State Building, or on a peanut farm in BFE, Alabama. You are not safe."

Sounds like a strong message to me.

woods

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So why has there not been an attack in D.C. . the softest most lucrative target in the world ? Hell my grandmother could bring Washington D.C. to its knees . So why not, because Washington is where they get their funding, it is their HQ

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So why has there not been an attack in D.C. . the softest most lucrative target in the world ? Hell my grandmother could bring Washington D.C. to its knees . So why not, because Washington is where they get their funding, it is their HQ

they need to be brought to their knees...

unleash your grandmother on them....

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think the Anniston Army Depot is a very likely target. I lived in that area for nine years. The tension was HIGH right after 9/11 because of all of the chemical weapons stockpiled there waiting to be destroyed.

On a lighter note, if they attacked the Iron Bowl it would be the end of them. That's a lot of pissed off good ol boys with big guns! LoL

*Go Dawgs*

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's very difficult for a lone wolf to pull off a bombing. Bomb attacks normally require some more logistics and talent than one single person will have. The bomb makers themselves normally are not strapping their own products on. In that sense, it's not a true lone wolf.

I think he ment lone wolf as in a single person carrying out an attack, as appossed to a groups of people or multiple groups of people carrying out a large and coordinated attack.
    Plus, Timothy mcviegh.

If we are gonna expect the unthinkable, it wouldn't be wise to discount a threat because it's difficult to execute. It's looking like the mastermind behind Paris is more like the guy assigned to Paris. These guys have a leadership, can plan and coordinate, and can handle logistics. It's almost like the guys in charge have military experience, followed by a decade worth of doing this already.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he ment lone wolf as in a single person carrying out an attack, as appossed to a groups of people or multiple groups of people carrying out a large and coordinated attack.
    Plus, Timothy mcviegh.

If we are gonna expect the unthinkable, it wouldn't be wise to discount a threat because it's difficult to execute. It's looking like the mastermind behind Paris is more like the guy assigned to Paris. These guys have a leadership, can plan and coordinate, and can handle logistics. It's almost like the guys in charge have military experience, followed by a decade worth of doing this already.

This^^^^

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I see it, a possible conundrum facing ISIS regarding an attack on the USA at this time.

They have a little over a year left of the country being led by our lily-liveried Prez, and perhaps they should get (strike) while the getting's good. But in scaring and enraging the American people that might well all but ensure the next POTUS would be a Republican, since they're generally known to be stronger than Dems in matters of national security. That wouldn't bode well in the long term for their terror prospects after 0bama is gone.

OTOH they could take the long view and "hold their fire" till after the election. Then rely on a repeat of the spectacular stupidity that over half of the Infidel voters have displayed in the past, and see another Democrat president take the reins. Then they would have a better shot at terrorizing the country for the next four to eight years.

AndyS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's very difficult for a lone wolf to pull off a bombing. .
    Sorry, as a former EOD Tech I'm gonna have to disagree with that. All one needs is to be taught a little specialized knowledge ... and it ain't exactly rocket science either and they don't have to be a chemist, engineer, or electronics technician to do it. The hardest parts are A. obtaining or making the explosive material and detonater, and B. finding someone fanatical enough to do it and not chicken out at the last minute. Not every jihadi is suicide-bomber material, and I wouldn't say all these guys are cowards at heart, but quite a few are.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom