• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    There should be a training range where everyone shoots frozen paintballs. There would be a big Karen next to every trainee screaming while holding her yapping emotional support dog. The only cover would be a rack of Doritos chips and empty shopping cart and we would see how many Keyboard Commandos come out unbruised.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doesn’t seem like anyone addressed the slow ass example of Wyatt Earp surviving countless gun battles with never so much as a scratch saying “I take my time as fast as I can” and being a notorious slow draw. If you must be fast and train to be fast, how can one explain his success ??????
    From what I read a lot of his success came from the fact he rarely drank in a world where guys were drunk a lot of the time.

If true, that would matter a lot! Also, like I said before, efficient movement looks and feels unhurried. I can’t help but wonder if that plays a part as well.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    From what I read a lot of his success came from the fact he rarely drank in a world where guys were drunk a lot of the time.

If true, that would matter a lot! Also, like I said before, efficient movement looks and feels unhurried. I can’t help but wonder if that plays a part as well.
    Now this makes sense. I am assuming you are correct, sober beats drunk everyday !

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry if you take it as condescending. But perhaps the reason folks practice shooting one handed with their off hand is just in case they take a round and don't have their dominant hand available. Along with other various shooting positions. That style of training can be on or off a clock. No matter how much you train, your training changes after every after action report. So when you say you need to be mentally flexible, that's probably the best training. The more diverse mentally, the more exposure to situations that force you to think and accept new possibilities, the better prepared you may be when or if you are required to withdraw your sidearm. Practice is familiarity, practice isn't perfect, but practice is required. That's why they have at a minimum annual certifications.
    Good post right there.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Friendly fire is never friendly! "Winchester ramp gun, when you are taking fire from 6 o clock low!" Master caution "chip detector" light on a helicopter when you are more than 300 miles from feet dry! :oops: When I went through the Police Academy 36 years ago in the accident investigation phase they had a saying "roses are red violets are blue vehicle 1 hit vehicle 2". Ironically that still applies today with insurance companies in determining who is at fault.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The most challenging shot I performed, in my opinion, was from the door strap of a helo under small arms fire. (ineffective at best) While I aimed for the leading edge of the first barrel on the cigarette boat, I actually hit the trailing edge and also took out the next barrel aft. Needless to say the cigarette boat didn't make it to Miami. Yet the DEVGRU Boys are the ones that faced the real danger when boarding. Those folks earned their government paychecks. But they didn't use quick draw techniques unless things went beyond BAD.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom