• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Within the past few days the way i see the forum has changed. All the content is small and the ad goes all the way across the screen. Anybody know how to change/fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-212846_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20211020-212846_Samsung Internet.jpg
      381.5 KB · Views: 74

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've noticed this on my Samsung phone but the PC is fine. I thought it was just my phone.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It's not so much the ads, it's the orientation of the site on my screen. Zooming in/out is off, if that makes sense.
    I'm the opposite. Basically have to zoom out to enable to scroll down the page. On a Samsung a51

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll fully admit to not knowing or caring about modern mobile technology,

But I’d guess it’s because the mobile site is optimized for Apple devices. I’d think that since Apple runs one os and the Samsung runs another os, that there’s just enough difference to make it weird without downloading a device optimized app.

I actually run into this when on amazon in my iphone(since I won’t download the app), or ebay on a amazon fire stick.

I actually find it mildly annoying, that is to say not enough to say screw it and not participate but just enough to gripe when it comes up, that the expected and accepted solution is to download apps or ad blockers or whatever. I know the memory used is minimal, it’s free, the terms and conditions that no one reads through probably doesn’t have anything nefarious and it’s probably not likely they’re used to data mine your usage. but, It just rubs me the wrong way.
    also,I have heard before “if you’re not paying, that means you’re the product”. Which makes me wonder why all the full page ads with hidden close x’s don’t happen when I’m signed in. Again, doesn’t make me so paranoid I abstain from the forum. Just enough to not download anything more to maybe one day find a decent deal.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    yeah, its frustrating as heck. not sure if there was an update or something... makes it nearly impossible to view pics and hard to read the print because of size. friggin' technology...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So I guess it was a permanent change…as the “change width” button on the bottom of the screen next to “style chooser” does nothing….

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I don't use my phone much for the forum, but when I do, I always turn my phone sideways to make the print bigger (using Chrome). If held upright my Samsung scrolls sideways too.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I use tapatalk app to get to these forums. And it I guess gets rid of that cause this is how I see things. I use it because it let's me upload photos easier. So maybe this can help if it's a permanent thing and bothers you alot?
    275f7cfc3ae1e90dba1e0ccc9bf906f4.jpg
    5dd9243b00bf4ed5fd45c4a0eef2839e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom