• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I've never dealt with you before I'll do all of the meeting arrangement and price verification through PM so I have what was said and agreed on in writing. I'll call and or text on the way to the meeting spot to let them know I'm headed that way.

I started doing this after a member on here agreed to a price over the phone and then upped his price at the meet up because "He had time to think it over and decided the firearm was worth more than the agreed on price".

You're only as good as your word.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I've never dealt with you before I'll do all of the meeting arrangement and price verification through PM so I have what was said and agreed on in writing. I'll call and or text on the way to the meeting spot to let them know I'm headed that way.

I started doing this after a member on here agreed to a price over the phone and then upped his price at the meet up because "He had time to think it over and decided the firearm was worth more than the agreed on price".

Yes a while back had a similar except instead of the price, the holster that came with the pistol, no longer came with it! I could have walked but figured either way would work so I let it slide!

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Hondanerd​

Shooter · From Pensacola
    Joined Apr 4, 2023
    Last seen Yesterday at 1:59 PM
    Messages0Reaction score0

Kind of a red flag in itself I would say.
    I don't think it's fair to write off brand new members, we all had to join at some point. I've had tenured people no call no show me before.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yep... nothing wrong with a digital trail, but since I won't meet someone I haven't spoken to on the phone, I figure why not cut to the chase ASAP : )

And I've long suspected that some now don't know how to or are afraid to talk on the phone (and this is beside the criminals who don't want to for various reasons!), then I saw this first sentence in an article re: the subject yesterday:

"In a world where we’re overloaded with texts, anxiety-ridden about phone calls, and fatigued by video chats, many people are turning to another form of communication: voice messages."

This partially explains why we have so many people on "psychotropics" going on shooting sprees: Even talking on the phone is just too stressful for them.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stuff happens. I've not counted cash before and got shorted then ghosted. My fault, should have counted. Won't happen again.
    And hell, that could be an honest mistake on the part of the buyer. I've had some give me too much. When I handed it back to one guy, he said "No wonder I'm always broke!" : )

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep... nothing wrong with a digital trail, but since I won't meet someone I haven't spoken to on the phone, I figure why not cut to the chase ASAP : )

And I've long suspected that some now don't know how to or are afraid to talk on the phone (and this is beside the criminals who don't want to for various reasons!), then I saw this first sentence in an article re: the subject yesterday:

"In a world where we’re overloaded with texts, anxiety-ridden about phone calls, and fatigued by video chats, many people are turning to another form of communication: voice messages."

This partially explains why we have so many people on "psychotropics" going on shooting sprees: Even talking on the phone is just too stressful for them.
    But they will use a " hook up" application in a second. Morally devoid. I'm just old and would never use one. I did it the old fashioned way. Go country dancing, drink coors lite and tequila. If I get a # great if not I had fun.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

not a texting fan myself, but i will use it. i prefer voice communications also. ....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Stuff happens. I've not counted cash before and got shorted then ghosted. My fault, should have counted. Won't happen again.
    i always triple count the money on a agreed on price before handing it over.. if they want to count it, fine, if not, fine... it's there, but i do not usually count it in front of them... may start that..

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    not a texting fan myself, but i will use it. i prefer voice communications also. ....
    Yep... I've done enough of both to know that you can accomplish as much in a two-minute voice call as you can in a week of any kind of messaging : )

And the stage that things are at now, you could be messaging someone who doesn't even know how to speak or spell... maybe even someone who lives in Nigeria... who is using one of the A.I. programs to write their messages!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i always triple count the money on a agreed on price before handing it over.. if they want to count it, fine, if not, fine... it's there, but i do not usually count it in front of them... may start that..
    Yep... count it in different ways each time, if you can. I do twenties "One, two, three, four, ONE, one, two, three, four, TWO, one, two, three, four, THREE... "

I think that one freaks some people out : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    But they will use a " hook up" application in a second. Morally devoid. I'm just old and would never use one. I did it the old fashioned way. Go country dancing, drink coors lite and tequila. If I get a # great if not I had fun.
    P.S., This gets to another point I've made: Some people are fascinated by anything that appears on a screen, even something so simple as a text message.

Which brings up something I realized a decade or two ago: When I was young, I would look up into the night sky and wonder what was out there. The answer, of course, is virtually everything, which led to my dream of being a one-way intergalactic traveler... which would be great, until some young whipper-snappers caught up to and passed me in a faster ship : )

Now, we have young people looking into their phones and wondering what is in there. The answer, of course, is virtually nothing, which leads to many of them dreaming of being an "app-developer" or "gamer".

See the difference? I was looking outward, whereas they are looking inward. Whose horizons are broader?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom