• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i am certainly not celebrating or condoning the assassination of shinzo abe...but i AM intrigued with the homemade gun he used.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-08 152047.jpg
      Screenshot 2022-07-08 152047.jpg
      134.4 KB · Views: 118

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I don't think anyone on here would condone this assassination, but man that gun looks interesting. I'm really curious what those cables are, almost looks like it has some sort of battery pack on the bottom. Maybe an electronic ignition muzzle loader?

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    just a guess, but yes, i am wondering if it was electrically fired. i have to say, the damage done must have been incredible. he bled out fast. and look at all the smoke....

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    After watching both of those videos, I noticed in one you hear two shots. The later posted one you hear just one. Pretty weird

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    And there's two or three ways I know of to do a rig like that. One is to simply have a purposefully shorted out wire in the chamber of the gun. But that fries the wire and is good for just one shot and you'd have to break it down and then re wire it. Next would be to use like a RC car style glowplug maybe. Those are used to having a combustive blast and may be able to be reused. But even a taser style can be used. But if done correctly you can actually stack multiple rounds in a single barrel and fire multiple shots when using an electric firing mechanism. It's how the metal storm project worked. But it's proof that where there's a will there's a way. And true they may have less "gun" deaths. But places like that lead the way in machete deaths. They don't mention that part. Myself I'd much rather be fed a Lake City quiet pill than to endure being chopped to death lol. Just sayin

DoubleDee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First handgun I ever saw was made with a galvanized pipe, block of wood, big rubber bands, tar and tape. I was in the first grade and a older kid that lived down the alley had it. He eventually was involved in a "accident" and was not heard from again.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And true they may have less "gun" deaths. But places like that lead the way in machete deaths. They don't mention that part

There's only 300-400,000 guns legally owned in country by private citizens (number hard to nail down, but .25 guns per 100 people seems to be a fair across the board assessment). Extremely difficult and costly process to get licensed to own there.

I'd like to know how many of those are truly "elephant guns". The Japanese got into dangerous game hunting in Africa a few years back and pushed permit prices up. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those were big caliber bolts or double rifles.

Last edited:

Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first weapon is the mind. It can be used for great things or horrible destruction, depending on the hands that follow it's direction.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There's only 300-400,000 guns legally owned in country by private citizens (number hard to nail down, but .25 guns per 100 people seems to be a fair across the board assessment). Extremely difficult and costly process to get licensed to own there.

I'd like to know how many of those are truly "elephant guns". The Japanese got into dangerous game hunting in Africa a few years back and pushed permit prices up. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those were big caliber bolts or double rifles.
    Yeah. The news keeps saying they not only have "no" guns there, but like 1 death per 8 years or some crazy number. But I heard that they only can't have "handguns". The web says shotguns are legal there. But from what I read yeah it may be just the elite can afford them. But the fact remains they have guns. Plus the cops carry pistols there, so does their military I assume. So one can assume that there's the occasional department or military accidents, or misuse of a firearm. Then you have to take into account that they have the Yakuza gangs etc also. So I'd almost be willing to bet money they just flat lie about the rates. So I bet it's a political things like how if you ask China how many died of the koof and they'll tell ya some crazy low number, and everyone thinks hmmmmm lol.

Reactions: WRM

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But from what I read yeah it may be just the elite can afford them.

This, mostly. Like DeNiro was the kind of guy who could get a NY issued concealed carry permit. If ya got the money, ya don't want the rabble having it too.

Top Bottom