• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookmanigain

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a new member to this group, introduced by ric-san who I met through another site. I am a mechanical engineer currently employed at an elevator manufacturer in Pensacola, with former ties to the firearms industry as a design engineer at Knight's Armament Company in Titusville, FL. As the son of a retired Air Force fighter pilot, I've been around guns my whole life, being introduced to shooting and owning my own weapons while the family was deployed to Ft. Wainwright just outside of Fairbanks Alaska. A great place to take up shooting, as there were free 600yd gun ranges provided by the borough's (similar to a county) where you could shoot with or at just about anything you want so long as you cleaned up the mess. It was there that I began my interest in firearms mainly through target shooting and Skeet. After recently moving up to Choctaw Beach, FL I've started to develop more of an interest in hunting (mostly deer and ducks) since I have the reservation literally in my back yard. I figured I'd join this group to get to know a few more local individuals with like interests and views on the world!

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome. Not many elevators in Choctaw Beach I think :)

You drive all the way over to Pensacola every day?

Last edited:

cookmanigain

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah the drive is mind numbing but atleast it takes me past a couple walmarts right at ammo time! This is just a stepping stone job that I took to get back to the area from Orlando. I grew up mostly in Niceville and would rather drive to Pensacola than live there. Plus I couldn't pass up having a couple hundred thousand acres for a back yard

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe you'll have to show me that couple hundred thousand acres. I just moved to the area in Sep for a job on Eglin, where we have the most high maintenance elevator Ive ever seen in my life. Seriously, those dudes are out every week working on it.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome! I always like to see more people on here East of Pensacola.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the forum. I will give you the same advice I try to pass on to all noobs. Steer clear of all of Hugh's "camping" trips..

Top Bottom