• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You say that your insurance covers "nothing" ? That doesn't seem quite right, either.

Could you be more specific?

Is yours a business plan ? Or just a regular consumer plan? Was it purchased on the exchange? Could you get a business plan, since you own a business?
    As to what it doesn't cover. My wife was out of town at a seminar, felt miserable and asked if I would come get her. She road with someone else so she couldn't drive home. I drove 2 hours to pick her up, 2hrs back but decided to stop at the American Family Care/Urgent Care on the way home. This was Wednesday afternoon, it was 5:45 when we arrived at the Dr so our primary physician was already closed and this is why we went to AFC/UC. But anyways BCBS won't pay since we didn't get a referral. I'll fight it but seriously why should I have to fight to get them to pay for the service that I pay premiums for. By the way she has pneumonia.
    Whenever we looked into a business plan it would cost more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I see, It sounds like another "network" thing. All insurance companies have networks with entities that they've pre-negotiated reimbursement rates with. That's a feature that existed long before Obamacare. I do hear your frustration though. That's why I chose to pay higher co-pays with my Tricare though, it leaves me a little more flexibility with out of network and not needing a referral.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    friend of mine in va, near the beltway, pays $20K PER YEAR, with a $10K deductible....how is that a cadilac, or even bronze plan....,this not Obamacare, but market insurance...

how is that affordable?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From #17 "I merely pointed out in the SoC thread that every single county would be covered by the exchanges this year, and so that it was not collapsing as was reported."

Since there is only a desire to address that: If your position on obamacare not collapsing or imploding is soley based on whether every county in the U.S. has at least one company "offering policies": you view is too narrow. It's like saying I have a single tree still standing so I have a forrest!

People toss out the term "subsidy" like its free money pulled out of thin air and now feel like there is some kind of Constitutional Right to it!
    The Fed Gov doesn't pay for the subsidies, tax payer do, or the Gov borrows money to do it further obligating the tax payer. Without subsidies, obamacare is dead. Subsidy payments currently amount to $130+ BILLION a year. Trump has threatened to cut off subsidies and I hope he does. That is the only thing that will get all the idiots in Congress back to work on the issue. The greatest shame of obamacare is the created another handout in the name of providing insurance to all and have forced many who had affordable out of their policies leaving policies they can't afford. Its no suprise the Law does not apply to Congress or the special Union cutout deals. You have to Pass it to see what's in it: can you count the number of lies told and promises broken to Americans Citizen on this issue? Obamacare will be known as the most expensive fraud perpetrated by the U.S. Gov on its Citizens.

28 Million people were uninsured last year, compared to just over 48 million in 2010. So if obamacare insured the poor and working poor in the years its been Law: WHO are the 28 million that are uninsured?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The issue is NOT who is covered and now there will be coverage in all counties. When people cannot afford it and others are given it for free there is a tragic disparity. For obamacare and those not on employers ins or getting it free The rates have gone up some over 100%, the deductibles are $5000-10,000 so it is practically useless. The taxpayers are getting screwed by the expansion of medicare and medicaid to people who should never be on it, that is why they are going broke. There are billions in fraud and abuse by people and companies scamming the system.

So you can say there is expanded coverage in all places but it means nothing.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From #17 "I merely pointed out in the SoC thread that every single county would be covered by the exchanges this year, and so that it was not collapsing as was reported."

Since there is only a desire to address that: If your position on obamacare not collapsing or imploding is soley based on whether every county in the U.S. has at least one company "offering policies": you view is too narrow. It's like saying I have a single tree still standing so I have a forrest!

People toss out the term "subsidy" like its free money pulled out of thin air and now feel like there is some kind of Constitutional Right to it!
    The Fed Gov doesn't pay for the subsidies, tax payer do, or the Gov borrows money to do it further obligating the tax payer. Without subsidies, obamacare is dead. Subsidy payments currently amount to $130+ BILLION a year. Trump has threatened to cut off subsidies and I hope he does. That is the only thing that will get all the idiots in Congress back to work on the issue. The greatest shame of obamacare is the created another handout in the name of providing insurance to all and have forced many who had affordable out of their policies leaving policies they can't afford. Its no suprise the Law does not apply to Congress or the special Union cutout deals. You have to Pass it to see what's in it: can you count the number of lies told and promises broken to Americans Citizen on this issue? Obamacare will be known as the most expensive fraud perpetrated by the U.S. Gov on its Citizens.

28 Million people were uninsured last year, compared to just over 48 million in 2010. So if obamacare insured the poor and working poor in the years its been Law: WHO are the 28 million that are uninsured?

Subsidies are paid by the taxes on investment income of the richest of Americans. Thats what the "repeal " was all about: canceling those taxes on the richest of Americans. Please research this. Thank you.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I know y'all hate links to news articles, but there is literally about 949,000 articles like this:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/04/news/economy/tax-cuts-obamacare-repeal/index.html

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the actual quote:

You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other items. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention — it’s about diet, not diabetes.

It’s going to be very, very exciting. But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

So, no. She wasn’t saying Democrats had no idea what was in the bill, or that it was a secret. She was telling an audience of people in local government that even though there had been a lot of controversy around the ACA, once people began to see how it improved care and covered more people, they’d like it. That’s even clearer when you look at the rest of Pelosi’s speech, which actually detailed some of the key features of the ACA — rather difficult to do if she didn’t know what was in it.

Right?

I mean, Im trying to be accurate and provide good information, for an honest discussion that we can all learn from. Lets not stir the pot with false information, is that fair?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The issue is NOT who is covered and now there will be coverage in all counties. When people cannot afford it and others are given it for free there is a tragic disparity. For obamacare and those not on employers ins or getting it free The rates have gone up some over 100%, the deductibles are $5000-10,000 so it is practically useless. The taxpayers are getting screwed by the expansion of medicare and medicaid to people who should never be on it, that is why they are going broke. There are billions in fraud and abuse by people and companies scamming the system.

So you can say there is expanded coverage in all places but it means nothing.

Buying health care insurance straight up on your own has always been prohibitively expensive. This is not some new phenomenon. Thats EXACTLY why some employers offer it as a benefit!
    That's what, in my understanding, Obamacare was trying to help. I mean, why else was the topic even open for discussion and legislation-- because things were just working so great?

If you are saying that it somehow got worse in the last few years, Id be glad to look at actual data. But actual data, please.

But I'll tell you: Insurance does go up. My house insurance goes up every year. Every single year. My homeowners policy went up 50% last year. Really. I shopped it around and found a new one. Capitalism at its finest.

I also pointed out above that the healthcare insurance companies themselves have said that the biggest reason rates (on the exchanges) are going up is the instability in the market caused by the constant threat of the subsidies being cut. I can find articles if you'd like? I know it would be more meaningful if you find this information on your own though.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To reiterate:

Buying healthcare insurance on your own in the United States of America has always been prohibitively expensive.

That is precisely why the model of employer sponsored healthcare insurance exists in this country. Its of great value. This is self-evident, is it not?

And this model didn't just crop up in the last decade.

Its been this way a long, long time.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    To reiterate:

Buying healthcare insurance on your own in the United States of America has always been prohibitively expensive.

That is precisely why the model of employer sponsored healthcare insurance exists in this country. Its of great value. This is self-evident, is it not?

And this model didn't just crop up in the last decade.

Its been this way a long, long time.

That is not true, I use to buy open market healthcare cheap before the government became involved. For less than $250(might have been $150) a month I had health, dental and vision, you people are getting screwed and some are brainwashed what there is actually a good thing...lol

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is not the point, the point is government insurance or government anything never works. They want single payer, death panels and us more under their control

what good is an ins that does not pay till you are broke and costs more than people can pay

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is not the point, the point is government insurance or government anything never works. They want single payer, death panels and us more under their control

what good is an ins that does not pay till you are broke and costs more than people can pay

Dont you in fact receive government healthcare now? As your sole means of healthcare? Single payer, government provided health care?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Like most questions on this topic, the answers are not short and simple:

http://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

But they DO exist.

It would seem from the chart shown in the link above (which is actually a quite lengthy research report with multiple charts and 41 citations to document the research), that of the people still uninsured, the majority of them are for reasons other than "too expensive".

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Research sure, here is the correct answer: Its not just pushed off on the rich. Everybody increases in their taxes. Every single line that says a "Company (several different names used) pays $ X: where is the bottom line of who exactly pays that? There is a Line that specifically says Cost Sharing but every person paying for a policy is in fact paying the bills for some one else too, if this was not the case premiums would never need to be raised at the extreme levels every single year after the ACA became Law. The Law is based on this: people that worker pay for their insurance at a level to support the unhealty and non-workers.

http://alignamerica.com/node/62

Subsidies are paid by the taxes on investment income of the richest of Americans. Thats what the "repeal " was all about: canceling those taxes on the richest of Americans. Please research this. Thank you.

Top Bottom