• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg4524

Shooter
    I have an eotech on my ar. I just bought a mp15 22 and I can't decide if I want to buy an aimpoint for my ar and switch the eotech to the 22, or just buy a 3x eotech magnifier and put something cheap on the 22.

Thanks

AUtiger01

Expert
    I decided on the Eotech over the Aimpoint for my rifle. The reticle just works better for me. I understand the battery difference but the a eotech XPS2 will run @600 hours I believe.

Which model do you have?

AUtiger01

Expert
    But yeah the battery's are always dead

That model runs AA so I assume you wouldn't get the battery life of the CR123 like in the model I have. I don't think I would buy an Eotech model that wasn't an XPS for that reason and I understand the batteries running perpendicular vs parallel to the barrel help with longevity. I'm by far no expert, but that's opinion based on what I have.

Greg4524

Shooter
    Yeh I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy another red dot and have it on the 22 or have the magnifier and 552 on my ar

b747fp

Master
    I am currently running an Aimpoint M4s w/ 3x magnifier on my .22 upper, which is the gun I primarily shoot. Now I just built an AR Pistol for MsChief, and she is running a Trijicon Reflex on it, which can be had pretty cheap, and they are tough as could be.

If I were you, I would leave the Eotech on the AR, grab a 3x magnifier for the AR, and the just grab a Vortex, or inexpensive red dot for your MP22

Top Bottom