• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My squaw and I are flying out in the morning to Seattle WA and getting on a Cruise Ship to Alaska. I'm sure my internet will be spotty but I'll check is much as possible,
    My wife and I did an Alaskan cruise in 2013 for our 30th anniversary. It was GREAT! We did the inner passage on Norwegian and had perfect weather. We've done several cruises over the years but that was by far the best one. We're thinking of doing another one to Alaska in a year or 2. Have a great time, enjoy it.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've only ever been to Alaska for work but even busting tail on a salmon seiner is a good time, I'm a big fan of Kodiak. If you get the chance do some fishing, the salmon run is just starting soon and you'll see them swimming upstream. Even if you can't get any fishing in try and stop at a local restaurant and get some king salmon.
    If the boat takes you near Valdez take some photos of the water near the port, the glacier water mixes with the sea water and turns an amazing shade of pastel turquoise/teal.

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I went to highschool in Anchorage, we did that cruise a few years ago. When we got to Juno they were selling fishing trips on the cruise ship. We got off and went to a local bait shop and asked for a guide, they sent us around the corner to another shop who called a guy. He shows up in a beater Ford truck, we pile in and he takes us to his secret spot. We limited out on salmon in about 30-45 minutes! Someone pulled in a rock fish, he clubs it and tells us to get our cameras ready, he whistles and throws it about 10 yds from the boat and we watch a bald eagle swoop in and grab it, that was awesome. He processed and shipped the fish to us included in his price, which was half what the charge on the ship, and those guys didn't catch anything.
    I can't recall his name, but when we got back to the bait shop, locals were trying to get us to tell them where we went, Hell, we didn't know?!?
    Make sure you get the sampler at the Alakan Brewing Co, and bring me a new hat !

Attachments

• IMG_20230702_142806024.jpg
      IMG_20230702_142806024.jpg
      272.3 KB · Views: 22

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    We will be fishing for salmon in the Yakutat River. Have a boat rented one day to fish in the bay for Halibut.
    We are staying at Glacier Bear Lodge and I understand that salmon and halibut are on the menu most meals.
    Nothing like fresh halibut!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Post a review when you get back. My wife and I are looking to book a cruise there in the next couple of years.
    We are leaving on Jul 18th for a Alaska cruise. This will be our second time doing the cruise. Fly to anchorage, motor down to Seward, cruise the inside passage and get off in Vancouver and fly home. We really enjoy it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    For those of you considering an Alaskan cruise, I highly recommend the sea/land tour.
    The 9 hour glassed-in train ride from Whittier to Denali was amazing.
    We ended our trip in Fairbanks where we caught a plane home. (Began the trip in Vancouver)
    The Museum of the North at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks is a must see.
    The bus from “Into the Wild” is located there.

Top Bottom