• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Out of boredom and curiosity my dad and I went...WTH! At one table, a lady was literally counting out a case of federal M193 into Walmart bags, $65 for 50rds, $125 for small pistol primers, found a case of Aguilla 9mm $750, Cetme $1650, a Wilson Combat AR for $1950(which was pretty reasonable). Wasn't a waste of $10 as there was plenty of characters to observe and I walked out with mixed emotions...dismayed at the current market and thankful I had the foresight to prepare years ago. Good luck fellas and God speed! It's gonna get wild!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Duh. Went right over my head.
    There were actually some posts on another thread with people saying they were gonna order 10 rounders.
    Giving up too easily in my opinion.
    That was me. I'm getting what I need before there is a rush on them. Actually wanted to get some because 30s are too long for target shooting.
    Win/win

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Always a fun time. You also get a look at whats moving and how much. I normally spend several hours looking and shopping. I take a dump pouch( tactical man purse) for trade items and to carry purchases. I've been known to buy something, walk across the show and swap for something I did want after talking to a seller about what they dig. *** also the art of haggling is just about dead, nowdays. Its more fun buying things overseas, where haggling is the norm. So if you have something listed for 30 and I offer you 10 don't get butthurt, haggle.

Last edited:

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the same as you Rebel, but several members here got all bent out of shape when I listed a rifle. Didn't offer anything just told me I wanted more than Msrp for a used rifle, that is currently sold out. No fun at all

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I can’t complain...got there around 1330...walked around with a sign to sell a Ruger handgun I had...not may offers, but ended up selling it for a reasonable amount within an hour. Ammo prices were stupid crazy as were most gun prices. The gun that comes to mind is the Glock P-80 throwback Glock 17 Gen1. I didn’t see it anywhere for less than $699 yet in town at Academy Sports it’s only $599, pretty sad. Plenty of odds and ends, even saw a dozen or so 60’s/70’s AR 20 rd magazines, none Colt or OK, but most selling for between $20-25 per.

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Was very very crowded from early on , Lots of people selling AMMO at very high prices.
    ''No Georgia Arms. '' Only one dealer had reloading powder in the back. I got 6 LBS asst.
    I lucked out early and found a private seller that had 3 boxes of LG.pistol primers $50.00 ea ,got um.
    He also had 2 500rd boxes of 45 230 gn FMJ Projectiles $75.ea I offered a$100.and he took it.wowie :)
    The parking lot was full all the way out into the Fairground parking area, and lots parked out there also.
    Long-Long line to get in. 15 to 20 people in line at the money teller machine constantly all morning. ???

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
      IMG_0401.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 155

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Was very very crowded from early on , Lots of people selling AMMO at very high prices.
    ''No Georgia Arms. '' Only one dealer had reloading powder in the back. I got 6 LBS asst.
    I lucked out early and found a private seller that had 3 boxes of LG.pistol primers $50.00 ea ,got um.
    He also had 2 500rd boxes of 45 230 gn FMJ Projectiles $75.ea I offered a$100.and he took it.wowie :)
    The parking lot was full all the way out into the Fairground parking area, and lots parked out there also.
    Long-Long line to get in. 15 to 20 people in line at the money teller machine constantly all morning. ???
    See, haggle! Where the 45's .452?? Sounds like i missed a fun show.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    See, haggle! Where the 45's .452?? Sounds like i missed a fun show.

On this haggling thing.....is it written in stone that you have to haggle "downward"? Say I have something for $25...you offer $20...I counter with $30...Perhaps people have this haggling thing backwards. :D:D:D

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I got there about 9am, was no wait to get in but it filled up fast and there was a big line when we left. The line to buy ammo was insane! Backed up all the way down one aisle and around the end. I would have been pissed if I had rented tables and the ammo line was backed up so people were blocking my table. 9mm was $70 for a box of 50 fmj's and the lady couldn't take their money fast enough.
    I found a couple of buys, a guy had 4 cans of trail boss powder priced at 25 a can I bought all four and paid 20 a can. I just started cowboy action shooting and came across an Ithaca/SKB model 100 12 ga that looked like new. Did some haggling and got it bought for almost 300 under his asking price. Left there and went to Uber's and they had powder at normal prices and some primers but they are limiting them to 200 per person.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Why would people pay $70 for a box of 9mm when I see it all over for half that or less?
    Do these people not get out or have Internet?
    If I needed the money I would go down there with cases of 9mm and 5.56 but I don’t and it’s not worth the hassle to me.

Top Bottom