• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    GB guarantee sux. I purchased a Colt 1911 and was notified by GB to pay the seller. I did so the next morning, That afternoon they notified me that someone had hacked the sellers account and don't senf money. Too little too late. They offered to pay me $400.00 as part of their purchase guarantee. I haven't dealt with GB since and will not in the future.
    if i can't hold, touch & look at the weapon, and the seller, i ain't buying anything that is not face to face..

da kine

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That Sucks! Who knows where or how that was stored. I'd be Leary of shooting it. Doesn't Gun Broker have some kind of Purchase Guarantee?
    How about the guarantee that you never buy from the a hole again bubba ???

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've had good luck on AmmoSeek.com for finding ammunition that I was looking for at decent prices. Lots of smaller companies like Freedom Munitions, Sentry, and others can be found there for a good price. Stick to the ones with high reviews and you should be safe.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I hope the OP is made whole. I have heard of GB horror stories like the ones here, but fortunately (knock wood), I have had only good experiences. I never bought ammo but I sold some without issue. I have purchased firearms, new and used, but only from FFL dealers and have always paid with a credit card. Now that GB is collecting sales tax, I have found the 'deals' are few and far between for items that interest me.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Let me tell my litle Gunbroker horror story. I had bought and sold several items over the years with no problems, but then came the day when I encountered a particular form of low life called a non-paying bidder. The item in question was an extremely rare gun (went for over $7,000.00), I guess the guy didn't check with his wife first, who knows, but he never sent the money. Well Gunbroker had already automatically charged me the sales tax (it was quite a bit of money). It took me almost a year of back and forth before I finally got my money back. I haven't used Gunbroker since.
    Yes, the non paying buyer is a pain in the ass. I had quite a few during the "mostly peaceful protests" and COVID scam. All were new to 2A and probably don't need anything other than a rubber mallet. I'm sure people like that could still f#ck up a metal wedge with a rubber mallet though. So remember correctly gun broker makes you wait 7 days for the non-payment until you can even file for it. But you still get charged until it gets ironed out.

Robin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought 250 rds of Hornady Frangible .40 cal. Opened the box today and discovered corroded primers. Also 10 rds that are not Hornady factory loads. Are these safe to shoot?
    This is the 3 rd time I’ve been burned by seller on Gunbroker.
    Staining will not come off with steel wool.
    Once Burned,,,Twice Shy...................

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought 250 rds of Hornady Frangible .40 cal. Opened the box today and discovered corroded primers. Also 10 rds that are not Hornady factory loads. Are these safe to shoot?
    This is the 3 rd time I’ve been burned by seller on Gunbroker.
    Staining will not come off with steel wool.
    Try some Nevr-Dull. It works on all metals. Comes in a silver can with a friction fit lid. I've had a 5 ounce can of it for many years. Home Depot carries in nowadays for a shade over $5.00 You can use it over and over again. As you use it it will get blacker and blacker. When done, put it back in the can and use it the next time. You will notice the blacker it and your fingers get, the quicker it seems to work. it is not an abrasive. it's a solvent on a white wadding. Just tear a little piece off and start rubbing. when you see one of those old Airstream trailers or a small private plane that shines so bright it hurts your eyes, odds are pretty good this is what they used. It does require quite a bit of rubbing but well worth the effort. When done just wipe the item down with a clean rag and you're all done.

Attachments

• NevrDull.jpg
      NevrDull.jpg
      8.7 KB · Views: 31

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Try some Nevr-Dull. It works on all metals. Comes in a silver can with a friction fit lid. I've had a 5 ounce can of it for many years. Home Depot carries in nowadays for a shade over $5.00 You can use it over and over again. As you use it it will get blacker and blacker. When done, put it back in the can and use it the next time. You will notice the blacker it and your fingers get, the quicker it seems to work. it is not an abrasive. it's a solvent on a white wadding. Just tear a little piece off and start rubbing. when you see one of those old Airstream trailers or a small private plane that shines so bright it hurts your eyes, odds are pretty good this is what they used. It does require quite a bit of rubbing but well worth the effort. When done just wipe the item down with a clean rag and you're all done.
    I wouldn't use that on the primers.

Top Bottom