• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went and I conquered, don’t know why but a good many new vendors. The parking lot was packed and so is the show. Everyone happy and buying and selling. Had a great time did some trading and selling saw several things I would love to have but for now I will just have to think about them $$$$.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This isn’t anything new but I want to toss this out for everyone to think about. It would sure be good to come up with someway to identify other forum members. I see that some went to the gun show today me included, I would like to meet and put a face with y’all . Just an idea, there used to be tee shirts but not many had a way to get one what I am thinking is something simple that each member can come up with. If it is kept simple I think more will participate.~~

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This isn’t anything new but I want to toss this out for everyone to think about. It would sure be good to come up with someway to identify other forum members. I see that some went to the gun show today me included, I would like to meet and put a face with y’all . Just an idea, there used to be tee shirts but not many had a way to get one what I am thinking is something simple that each member can come up with. If it is kept simple I think more will participate.~~
    Forum tried t-shirts and bumper stickers early on.

Maybe a cheap ballcap from overseas would be cheap enough for members to wear to shows and any future gatherings? Or an armband?

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Wear our tin foil hats!
    image.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Wore my Trump cap. Scored 2 more mags $10 each, palm and tapco for my AK and traded for a super compact XDS 45 for woods stuff. Never had an xd 45 dont know what to expect . View attachment 271811
    Well this sucks. Reading up on my new to me xds. It's subject to a safety recall. Dropping the slide may cause a discharge. Checked it and sure enough it's in the effected range of sn# crap!

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I went yesterday morning, there was a lot of inventory on display, most it it priced higher than a Giraffes Ass, however, if someone wants to pay those prices then good for them, I did make a couple of small item purchases from Veteran owned businesses, the pocket knives for $5 was fun to sift through, these were the TSA confiscated ones, picked up a couple nice folders, and some large pistol primers, was looking for 45acp brass but no one has any.

I will say they need to look at spacing the isles better, as it made for some very difficult browsing, it seemed very busy, more than the Pcola one, but that could be due to the size of the building.

If drawing comparisons, I enjoyed the Ft Walton Beach show better, however, that was many years ago.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well this sucks. Reading up on my new to me xds. It's subject to a safety recall. Dropping the slide may cause a discharge. Checked it and sure enough it's in the effected range of sn# crap!

Should be a free fix?

I got “got” like that too on a trade for my GX4. Used the Taurus lookup tool and it came up as included in the recall. Called Taurus to setup service and gave them the serial to lookup the build sheet and they said I was good to go. So ya never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I went yesterday morning, there was a lot of inventory on display, most it it priced higher than a Giraffes Ass, however, if someone wants to pay those prices then good for them, I did make a couple of small item purchases from Veteran owned businesses, the pocket knives for $5 was fun to sift through, these were the TSA confiscated ones, picked up a couple nice folders, and some large pistol primers, was looking for 45acp brass but no one has any.

I will say they need to look at spacing the isles better, as it made for some very difficult browsing, it seemed very busy, more than the Pcola one, but that could be due to the size of the building.

If drawing comparisons, I enjoyed the Ft Walton Beach show better, however, that was many years ago.
    Yeah I noticed the spacing was a bit narrow. Was wondering if it was my imagination. Saw some cool stuff. A viska ak pistol, who knew? PTR91 pistol, yikes! Did see lots of high to me ammo most were boutique cartridges they are high anyway. I almost had my shockwave traded for a sd 930. Dang it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Should be a free fix?

I got “got” like that too on a trade for my GX4. Used the Taurus lookup tool and it came up as included in the recall. Called Taurus to setup service and gave them the serial to lookup the build sheet and they said I was good to go. So ya never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is, just gotta box up and take to FedEx., i just can't play with my new pew. Well, I could but don't want to have a possible ND dropping the slide.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, I went over to this gun show after lunch. Lots of people there. I had a couple hits on my BRN-180. One guy made a lowball offer that I had to decline. It would have been quick money, but I would have been giving it away. Another guy (a vendor from Mobile) is very interested and is to let me know whether he wants it or not after he gets home to assess if he can afford to get it or not. I have been to this show a few times over the past several years. Nice show with a good variety of stuff. Anyhow, if the guy form Mobile does not come through, there is always the Pensacola show in March unless I sell or trade it before then.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Took my Russian sks and walked around. Found some spam 7.62x54r and some 7.62x45 I needed.

Everyone keep wanting to know how much I wanted for the Russian sks but nobody wanted to make an offer. Grown men scared to talk first, lol. Had a good time and never did say to anyone what I wanted for it. Hell I might of took 350 but no one offered???

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I saw one guy who had a vz52 and 7.62x45 ammo. I can honestly say I've never actually seen the two together. And it was a beautiful example of one too

Top Bottom