• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I've been saving my cash and haven't missed a "for sale" post here since January. Kinda new to this and don't have much to trade, so for now - I got cash and finally enough. Don't really know what I'm looking for - a good carry piece or a good deal that I can trade later. Headed to the Milton gun show this weekend and not sure what to expect. Been before but not as a serious possible buyer.
    Will there be any good deals?? Should I go back on Sunday for a better deal?? Am I better to take my time and just keep looking for a good deal from an individual here on the gun forum? Any advice would be appreciated

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "good deals" dont just land in your lap. you have to look all around. there are some very good deals on here from time to time depending on what you are looking for. the milton show is small compared to the pcola show. you might get a better deal off a table on sunday.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I usually find that a little research into what your looking for goes a long way. It will also help to find some friends to go to the shooting range with and handle their different weapons to see what you might like. In these times a good deal might not happen but paying retail for something you want isn't a bad deal.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep in mind (for now) ammo availability and price for said carry gun. I've always had good luck finding things late in the day on the last day when guys aren't wanting to load up a bunch of stuff to drag back home. However if you want something very popular or high in demand be the first guy in line on the first day of the show and scour the line as well as the tables.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I usually find that a little research into what your looking for goes a long way. It will also help to find some friends to go to the shooting range with and handle their different weapons to see what you might like. In these times a good deal might not happen but paying retail for something you want isn't a bad deal.

^This^

Rick

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Agree with this. Research what you want. Going blind into a gun show not knowing what you want or what the prices of the guns are normally will cost you more than you should pay. Know what you want and what you should expect to pay. These days, most guns are not discounted anymore when purchased new. Used to be that new guns went for 10-20% less than retail. Right now, buying a new gun at the MSRP is expected if it's what you want. I have purchased two of my last guns at MSRP and I was happy just for the fact that I couldn't find them and I had to go on a waiting list for one of them.

It will all blow over eventually. But that could be in a few months or next year. Who knows. What you pay will depend on your patience or want to buy now.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't have to have that gun now, never pay MSRP, wait for a good deal, this is a discretionary purchase, no sense in wasting your $$. Know what you want going in and the prices.

Top Bottom