• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I figured with me building an AR and my lady wanting one and already having a few firearms already it would probably be in my best interest to get a safe. Any suggestion? I have a budget for $800 or less. I'm not made of money but like something that is good for the money or have great reviews. Any Suggestions? Thanks.... Brandon

fleetc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Be sure and check out Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I picked up a 27 gun Liberty safe last year from Lowes for right at a grand delivered. Smaller ones will be cheaper. Same quality without the mark up of the specialty stores. Recommend you go much bigger than you actually want/need. It's just a matter of time before you fill it up.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heavy there is no point in a safe if two guy can run in and pick it up. it is hard to get a heavy safe these days so some concrete in the bottom helps

From The Deep Woods

fleetc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just rechecked Lowes, and it looks like they quit carrying the Liberty line. Cabela's carries them though at a decent price, but the shipping might hurt. Then again, even local stores will charge an arm and a leg for delivery.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lowes / home depot have safes?, I have never noticed them.I too need a bigger one.

^^this..

Also I don't know ur timeframe but don't forget Black Friday is right around the corner and u usually see safes on sale then..might be able to get more for ur money if u can wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Make sure its got a decent fire rating, good ones should be like 1000 degrees and up and make sure the time is at least a hour.

And make sure you bolt it through your foundation.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Make sure its got a decent fire rating, good ones should be like 1000 degrees and up and make sure the time is at least a hour.

you will more than likely be well out of your price bracket for all this??

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well I don't own a house yet so I cant really bolt it to the foundation. Got to figure out where I want to live for the rest of my life before I get a mortgage. :juggle:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    maybe not, but you can do almost as good by drilling the floor for butterfly bolts and put some into wall studs so it will appear rock solid. An easy fix when you move out too.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry I forgot about that. Yea the landlord probably doesn't want you driling through the foundation. Call some local safe and locksmiths. My father in law is a locksmith and always has used older safes that he sells sometimes.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I watched The ads and bought a 35 gun Liberty Franklin for $900 at an estate sale.
    It weighs about 800 lbs.
    I think they are around $2500 new. There's one on the FGT for $1600 right now.
    Gander has a great safe selection but like everything in that store they are overpriced.
    Sam's Club has a decent safe for less than $600. Can't remember the brand.
    Most of Mike's/Scott's will exceed your price point.
    Like somebody else said Black Friday is right around the corner and Tractor Supply, Gander, BPS and Academy will all have great prices on safes.
    Getting somebody to deliver can run $300 or $400 and most places won't even talk to you.
    I rounded up 3 friends and I already had a utility trailer and a heavy-duty dolly and it wasn't that bad.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Watch the estate sales and auctions. I got my safe for $350 at my second auction.

I also have a dolly you can borrow. I've moved my safe 3 times by myself with it.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander is having a parking lot liberty sale this fri-sun but check with mikes/Scott's because they have great prices on liberties. Just buy bigger than what you need and if you buy a safe with a lower fire rating put it on an outside wall/corner of your house it may help in the event of a disaster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom