• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How many of you guys use software of some sort to keep track of your guns? Which one do you use? I am using NM Collector which keep tracks of anything you want. Guns, Ammo, Knives, Coins, Household Goods, etc. It is very easy to set up different categories once you figure out how to use it.

Idoono

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a thought ? How easy would it be to hack one of these Apps and see who/what/where ??

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A simple spreadsheet would be all one needs. Excel, Numbers on a Mac, or Open Office has free open source software that can be downloaded. One could put the file on a couple of password protected and encrypted usb memory sticks to put in the safe, safety deposit box, etc.

Can't imagine why one would need to pay for a program to do something so simple and possibly give a hacker access. There are many free guides easily googled on how to format,encrypt, & password protect a memory stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's encrypted with some pretty strong encryption. It is a program on my laptop but I think they may have a mobile version also. WTH anyone would want to put it on a phone is beyond me. You can store the program with the database and photos on a thumb drive and keep it in a safe deposit box. That way you have it for insurance purposes. You would be surprised how much you have in guns if you really start looking.

Idoono

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You would be surprised how much you have in guns if you really start looking.

That is nothing but a Pearl Harbor file for the wife to find...

I just use a spread sheet. It's too easy and you can set it up with what applies to you without all the other extraneous stuff in the way.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How many do you rich bastards have that you need an app to keep track of what you have?!
    Damn I hate being poor!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm old school on record keeping for firearms, 2 copies on paper of make & serial number. One in my fire-resistant safe the other in a close friends just in case the safe isn't as fire-resistant as the maker claims.

Gunslinger82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I photograph each gun next to a small dry erase board with date, serial number and value. The camera card then gets stashed in the safe. Works for me!

Jherexx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just take a pic, change the filename to the model# and serial# and store it on a thumb drive.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ohhh so y'all are doing it for legal/safety...I thought y'all just had to many to keep track of

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ohhh so y'all are doing it for legal/safety...I thought y'all just had to many to keep track of

Maybe, I'll never tell. But yes having the model number, serial number, and photos to prove the guns condition makes it easier in the event of an insurance claim. Also, check your homeowners policy. Most of them only cover up to $2,500 on firearms. In todays market that can be just one gun.

Idoono

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use excel and have all mine listed with make, model and serial as well as some info to identify the gun (i.e. Nikon 3 x 9 scope, Crimson Trace grip etc). I then take photos of all of my guns with close ups of the serial number and store them in separate folders with the guns caliber/make so I can find them easily. These are backed up automatically to 4 computers and to the cloud.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now if I only had an I-phone. I have a Droid :der: My oldest son has been trying to get me to go to the I-phone but I know the Droid so well. I would rathe learn to reload a new cartridge than a new phone. :help:

Idoono

Top Bottom