• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As cheap as 22 was just a few months ago there’s no excuse for not having stocked up on It.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wanna see gouging??
    Go to Academy Sports when they open on Mon/Wed/Fri,
    watch certain local gun shop employees buy the max of ammo as its put out...
    then follow them back to their shop & watch them double the price on it and
    put it on their shelf...

I think Acadey oughta go to a two-box max until they weed the dang sharks out.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Wanna see gouging??
    Go to Academy Sports when they open on Mon/Wed/Fri,
    watch certain local gun shop employees buy the max of ammo as its put out...
    then follow them back to their shop & watch them double the price on it and
    put it on their shelf...

I think Acadey oughta go to a two-box max until they weed the dang sharks out.
    If that's what they have to do to keep people coming in the door. It sucks, but people find a way to survive.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A local businessman who's whole business model was based on buying off the street and reselling it for profit once told me that he's gotta make at least three times what he paid for an item, or he wasn't even covering his overhead. And his building was paid for and he didn't have any employees. So I'm sure even at doubling the price of the ammo, these gun store employees buying from Academy aren't sustainable

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    This has been some years ago but my grandpa would drive into town and pick up anything he didn't have on his shelf from the hardware or feed store and take it back and sell it for what he normally would sell his stocked item for. Sometimes losing money, but kept his customers coming in the door and coming back. He was in business for over 60 years. He was all about that dollar, but he took care of people fairly. I learned a lot from him. Wish I could have paid attention when I was younger, I could have soaked in a lot more.

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've followed a couple of these threads. Here's my nickel:

If I bought Apple stock at $1.00 per share. Should I sell at $1.00 when the value reaches $2,000.00? Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. IMO "gouging" is a BS term.

I could probably sell half my stockpile at a tremendous profit, continue to shoot at my normal rate and replenish when prices return to more or less normal (provide Biden isn't in the WH). I have no desire to do so, but wouldn't lose sleep if I decided to.

Hoarding and selling food at inflated prices to starving people is immoral. Hoarding and selling items not critical to basic survival (reloading supplies) is business.

Flame away. I have thick skin as I held the flashlight for my dad.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You wont get no flames from me Eddie. Your above post was right on.
    Of course the whiners,crybabies and jealous little boyz here will most likely have a problem with it.
    However they just might not post here because . . after all . . they have already made a fool of themselves in the past by some of their ranting posts.
    We'll see . . . . . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I don't have an issue with someone selling items for 5 times the going rate if that is the current standard. It's how the market works.

Gouging in my book is selling over the inflated price. Forget about what it used to sell for.
    Example would be a dollar item is now 3. Yes you can find it for 2 but 3 is the inflated rate. Selling for 5 would be out of line.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom