• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that people (myself included) love to bitch when a product or company lets them down on a quality or customer service level. However I wanted to sing the praises of otterbox and their excellent customer service. A couple of weeks ago I broke the holster for my phone. I was about to order another from amazon and I figured I would call the company to see if they would sell just the holster portion to me. They were absolutely wonderful to deal with. They told me that even though I broke it, it was covered under warranty and promptly shipped me another for free after I emailed them a pic of the damage. Good stuff.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes sir Frank. Not only did they send the holster but also a new clamshell hardcover and silicone sleeve. They just made a customer for life out of me.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are still companies out there that value customers. I have some awesome stories involving Dremel, an aqurium filter manufacturer and a couple of others.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I love Otterboxes, I have Otterboxes on my boat from before they became vogue, not one has ever failed.
    The one part that irritates me about the IPhone cases, is that, last time I checked, you could not buy a replacement skin, you had the buy a whole new case, which I think is BS.
    By the way, if anyone needs more belt clips for otter boxes, we have about 2 dozen or so for all generations of IPhone Otterbox there have been thus far, and have no need for them at all.
    I never called them or asked them for replacements under warranty though.

I can however, count on one hand, the companies that really went out of their way to treat me that well in the past, and I continue to do business with them for the very same reason. I'd say when you find a good business that takes care of you, take care of them with your business. Let your dollars be your vote for customer service worth a damn.

For me, in no particular order: Wilson Combat, Cadillac, Apple, Palmetto State Armory, The GunDr. Just my personal experience.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call them up Dan. I asked to buy the holster itself (which they sell) and was offered the whole thing! I also agree about WC and Cadillac. Sean, I've never had to deal with Dremel but they do have a great product and I'm not surprised to hear they stand behind it. I just did some work with a 20 year old Dremel that I have and it worked like new, as always.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dremel: I've smoked a few in my years. Let them get too hot and they slung solder or just destroyed the motor. When I send them back I include a "I screwed up, not the product's fault" letter and tell them if the repair cost is reasonable I'll pay it, otherwise please.dispose and I'll go buy a new one. In half the cases they repaired it and shipped back on their nickle, no charge. In the cases that the model I sent in was discontinued they shipped me NIB newer models that were actually nicer models. In every single.case they threw in a new bit, usually some new design that just hit the market. Only thing they asked in return was feedback on the bit and ideas for improvement.

I was at a yard sale one time and found a Dremel tabletop bandsaw that looked older than me and needed refurbishing if possible. It was $5.00 so I figured "what the hell", took it home, didn't even turn it on and ordered direct from Dremel new tires, guides, bearings and blades for $18. When the parts.came in I cleaned it up, installed the parts and fired it up. The drive wheel was stripped (on shaft to motor) and one wheel was obviously bent when I spun it by hand. Boxed it up, shipped to Dremel with the usual note telling how I bought iit, what the problems were and asking for a repair estimate figuring I would end up with more in it than a new one. I again told them that if it wasn't reasonable to fix chunk it and I would buy new. A week later there was a box by my front door with a brand spanking new bandsaw,.spare blades and an invoice marked NC.

Made me feel guilty. I sent them a long letter praising the company, detailing all of the experiences I had, pleasant and helpful phone conversations I had with employees,.etc. That letter was on their website for years and I had a few neat emails back and forth with their head of marketing just chit chatting about hobbies and how each of us used the products. I imagine the tools are made in China now but the core base of the company is made up of Americans that understand America, most use their own products (bunch of do it yourselfers, model builders, artists) and they know what it takes to aquire loyalty in their customer base. I seriously doubt they ever made a nickle on me from their tools, probably did on the bits and attachments only.

One day I.was in a hurry and needed a mototool. Ran up to Wallyworld and bought the Black and Decker version of Dremel, payed about the same price but Wally didn't have Dremels in stock. It lasted maybe 10 minutes of light use. I boxed it up, sent it in with the receipt showing it was a day or so old and the circumstances I was using it. Got it back, still broken with a note that basically said FU. I was so pissed that indidnt even take it back to the store and demand a refund. I kept it for "show and tell" anytime a guy is around and the discussion turns to tools.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My Iphone is in an Otterbox Defender...........the camo and orange one that every hunter has. It's a little bulkier than some of the others but I have no doubt that I could drop it out of a treestand and the phone would be fine.

Last edited:

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My Iphone is in an Otterbox Defender...........the camo and orange on that every hunter has. It's a little bulkier than some of the others but I have no doubt that I could drop it out of a treestand and the phone would be fine.

i have the same one on a galaxy s3 and dropped it 32 feet out of my treestand. bounced off wo limbs and landed on a stump. no damage at all. it did spook the does i was trying to take a pic of but i dont think it was the otterbox fault.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just had the screen scratched a good bit. I called them asked to buy a new screen cover. They said no charge an sent me a brand new complete case. There awesome I'm rough with my phone. I got bored one time I ninja stared my phone at a bird just to see if I could hit it. And yes I did hit it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I used to have a plain black Commuter model Otterbox. I wanted that camo one but didn't want to pay the $56.99 that WalMart wanted. One day I got an e-mail from Verizon that they were on sale for $19.99 so I went up to the Verizon store and bought it.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My experience with Otter Box has been the same. I have an iPhone 4, but now use a HTC ONE.

I tried to buy an extra Defender holster for the iPhone 4 because I wanted to modify it to mount on a tripod. The girl told me she could not sell me one, but could ship me one as a replacement under warranty (even thought mine was not broken). Two days later UPS delivered a box with two of them, free of charge, and they paid for the shipping.

After I switched to the HTC ONE, the clip broke of of it's Defender case. I called them, had to submit my info and a picture of the damage, and they sent me a complete setup with everything included, free of charge, and they paid for the shipping.

Not bad...not bad at all!

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never needed an otter box because my phone is already water proof, drop and shock resistant, dust proof, etc... but my wife has bought them for her I-phones and S3. For what an Otter Box costs it should not only come with good customer service but a hot Swedish woman to have on call.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just got my two new otterbox replacements in the mail yesterday. Pretty cool to have a case for almost a year and the company replace em with just a picture and email.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been through 2 otter boxes in the past 4 months....The 1st time I was like you---was just gonna order another 1 then checked the website on warranty. I sent them the required info and pics and about a week later I got the whole set in the mail. About 3 months later, I broke the holster AGAIN and sent them the info only this time to get just the holster (which was fine). Every phone I've ever had...has had an otter box and every one will continue to have em....

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never needed an otter box because my phone is already water proof, drop and shock resistant, dust proof, etc... but my wife has bought them for her I-phones and S3. For what an Otter Box costs it should not only come with good customer service but a hot Swedish woman to have on call.

What kind of phone do you have that comes with all of that?

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of phone do you have that comes with all of that?
    Casio commando 4g.
    I had the first one which was a 3g. That phone was indestructible, short of running it over, but was getting pretty outdated with the slow processor and limited storage so I recently upgraded to the 4g phone that came out last year.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

You think an Otterbox is expensive try replacing an IPhone 5 that broke because it was in a cheap case when you dropped it.

Top Bottom