Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put an ad on Armslist looking for a 223 hunting rifle:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 2:24 AM
    To: Me
    Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from Suspicious Guy about WTB: .223 rifle

I’m located in Missouri, but can ship to your preferred FFL dealer address. I’m a registered FFL dealer. Do you accept shipping?

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:00 AM
    To: Suspicious Guy

Nah, not really interested in paying for a gun, then paying for shipping, then paying for some guy to just hand it to me after paying for a background check – not to mention a week minimum shipping and processing from you to an FFL (a week if I’m lucky) and then some FFL guy here sits on it for another week because he forgot to call me... Turns a 400 dollar rifle into a 500 dollar rifle that took me two plus weeks to procure

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 3:01 PM
    To: Me

Where are you located? But I will sending it straight to your door step down.. All I need is your information and once you paid the money I will send you the items straight to your door
    Please if you really want to buy from me please provide this info:
    Receiver name:
    House address:
    Phone number:
    I will send you your gun and a tracking number.. once you get the gun at your door step you can complete the payment
    Have a nice day

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 3:19 PM
    To: Suspicious Guy

Shipping guns to my door is legal?!?

Not sure if this is the Eff-Bee-Eye looking to bust idiots or just an idiot that thinks I'm an idiot... unless I am totally dumb and you can ship guns to your doorstep now...???

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sounds the like gAyTF trying to set your ass up for some illegal gun purchases. That or it's an idiot scammer you're dealing with. They're 2 in the same as far as I'm concerned. I'd steer way clear of that seller.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the first scamish ad reply I've seen where it states "you get the gun delivered to you first, then pay". Could be to see if your eager, then want a "partial" payment (half the price + shipping and insurance). That would net him $200+. Then he says send full payment or he wont ship it. Hmmmm. I have seen the "will ship gun to you door" several times before. The slightly broken english reads like typical Nigerian or Cameron source (backmwhen I traced IPs). A hell of a lot of these scammers are now physically operating in the U.S. while other will contact via Voip cloud services.

I don't think its BATFE but they could be trying to snag panicked folks desperate for a firearm and ignorant of Laws. Individually it would be a pissy little bust but if they bust a couple hundred desperate folks: they will have a big press conference dog and poney show about illegal private firearm sales violating the Law and the need for........ universal background checks.

N.I.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just told him that I looked it up and it is definitely illegal to ship guns to doors and thanks anyway. I won't reply to him again.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yea when I can hear the accent thru the text I loose interest fast, LOL No offense to any local actual accent bearers .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped doing any deals other than face to face a few years ago. I’ve pissed several folks off because of my unwillingness to deal any other way but I’ve also got to meet some first class guys. For me it’s just not worth the hassle to ship a gun or have one shipped to me.

N.I.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped doing any deals other than face to face a few years ago. I’ve pissed several folks off because of my unwillingness to deal any other way but I’ve also got to meet some first class guys. For me it’s just not worth the hassle to ship a gun or have one shipped to me.

I could not agree more. Well put. Keep it local, keep it legal, keep prices fair.

Top Bottom