HD Tactical

Got one, Anybody ever try a mech tech g19 upper??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ha, tried my gen 1 dagger frame g19 grip and it worked. ( or appears to) the other one was newer and g17 size grip. Trigger wouldn't cock/reset. Have no idea why?
    Might be gtg test tomorrow.
    Been looking at their website and the accessories don't cost an out rageious amount. Buffer tube adaptor is only $15 and the pdw wire adjustable stock is on sale for 69. Reviews say its sturdy.
    Only down side is I was keeping the gen 1 dagger unfired for a collectable. *Hey ya never know!* I just hate to use an actual Austrian built ( proofed) G19 lower on it.
    Just a bit heavier than the sub2k kitted out. 20rd pmag and PA 2.5x prism.
    20240306_224311.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Trigger mystery solved. Stock trigger works fine, the lighter one dosent. ??? Strange?
    Looking at getting poly80 lower to keep on it full time.

The Polymer80 will work on our CCU. However, there are a few small modifications that need to be made:
    1. The steel Locking Block has to protrusions that stick out from the front of it. They are about twice as long as a Glock's. These need to be trimmed to the proper length.
    2. The "beaver tail" is longer than the Glock's. It just touches a button head screw on our CCU when attaching. A small bevel filed into the bottom side clears the screw.
    As with Glock frames you want to stick with stock trigger and disconnects. Lighter ones tighten the tolerances and can cause the trigger to not fire."

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shot today. 100% 0 issues. ZERO. Used mag pul 21 and +2 g19 mags. Dagger frame worked great. The ONLY issue I had was the PA sight rattled loose. It's Designed in 2 pieces to be used as a AR carry handle sight. The upper rattled loose but still did a respectable job of shooting. Last group @50.
    Besides ripping wiskers and moustatash hairs out its very good. Has the m16 "boing" vibration. NO blowback in my face. ( left shooting) The s2k's days might be numbered..... also ejected brass dosent hit my arm...
    Used steel,( some rusty!) aluminum and brass ammo. 115 gr. The manual says use 124gr or heavier for the first 200 or so. Only Shot about 100 rds. I tried to goof it up. Nope, bang,bang, bang, bang, bang..... even staggered every other rd.
    Barrel didn't even get hot with strings of 20 rds in fairly rapid fire, its thick.
    I'm impressed, very pleased with my new Space gun!
    20240307_170931.jpg
    20240307_165841.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Lop with the fixed stock is 13.5 inches about the same as the A2 AR. A bit of fore and aft wiggle. Just enough to catch moustatash or wiskers. Need to add an o ring. Thought about adding the adjustable stock to it or getting the wire stock. But no cheek weld with the wire so that's probably a no go. Also would make a tuning fork with the bong of recoil.
    Shot well and didn't feel flimsy or cheap. The dagger lower worked fine ( Gen 1)
    Picked it up from Gold mine pawn for a deal. It was lying in the floor. Lol. They also have one for the XD and 45 1911.
    Only downside is no manual safety. Which on a pistol is not bad but would be nice on a woods carbine. The more I shot the better the trigger got. Need to dry fire it more. Btw.

Top Bottom