• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So with usoving down there within the next 6-9 months, what areas are good to live. Dont want it to be loud or too busy with traffic. What areas should I be looking in.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Depending on the proximity to the Eglin Range, you may or may not like it.

I have a nice private airshow almost everyday. Four Fans of Freedom plus the sound of ordinance plus occasional rotor-wings defying physics and beating the air into submission.

My own slice of Heaven. It's not loud... to me. :)

IMG_5470.JPG

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Be careful in Northern Escambia County. I heard they already bought the ground for the new nuclear power plant. Cant remember where, though. But guaranteed it'll be backed up against a waterway for the cooling requirements. And Escambia already is on record the poorest and most polluted county in the state

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If possible, get land on the Alabama side of the line. Property taxes are way cheaper, especially for vets, and a conservative vote there is actually mainstream. Florida is turning more Democrat every day with retirees from New England

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Doc it really depends on what you need and how far you're willing to drive. North Escambia isn't too bad, think north of Molino towards Century and closer to Atmore. No chance of a Nuke plant, ever. North Santa Rosa is filling up quick as well. Crestucky or maybe farther east. It all depends on who your neighbors end up being too.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Doc it really depends on what you need and how far you're willing to drive. North Escambia isn't too bad, think north of Molino towards Century and closer to Atmore. No chance of a Nuke plant, ever. North Santa Rosa is filling up quick as well. Crestucky or maybe farther east. It all depends on who your neighbors end up being too.
    Visit the neighborhood at night, before you buy. And look up arrest reports for that street. I once bought a house whole blocks away from a high school stadium, thinking I was far enough away. Nope. Might as well have been sitting in the bleachers. I could be inside the house and hear every word of that announcer

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I always made fun of Crestview and Baker till I moved here and still close to the base for medical and shopping. Out of the City limits, get lots more for your $$ too. If not here then just across the border to Alabama, even cheaper to live there like the Wing or Florala area.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That land was bought for the nuclear plant in north Escambia county back when Charlie Crist was governor and put certain pollution restrictions on power companies.
    Back then Gulf was mostly coal and was looking at building a nuclear plant in order to meet those mandates.
    It’s not going to be built.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    That land was bought for the nuclear plant in north Escambia county back when Charlie Crist was governor and put certain pollution restrictions on power companies.
    Back then Gulf was mostly coal and was looking at building a nuclear plant in order to meet those mandates.
    It’s not going to be built.
    Yet

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If possible, get land on the Alabama side of the line. Property taxes are way cheaper, especially for vets, and a conservative vote there is actually mainstream. Florida is turning more Democrat every day with retirees from New England

Alabama has State Income Tax...and a higher sales tax rate.
    You get less for your work.
    What we need is MORE rednecks and LESS DYankees.
    Let's start scaring them out.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Alabama has State Income Tax...and a higher sales tax rate.
    You get less for your work.
    What we need is MORE rednecks and LESS DYankees.
    Let's start scaring them out.

But way lower property tax and vehicle registration. No wait on guns, no alphabet soup division to give you their permission to buy a gun, other than the fed. So I think it works out. Open carry, concealed carry with $20, I think permit, no bs classes

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Up front - I have never been the neighborhood/HOA type, and I lived on the beach for so long I no longer aspire to that. My vote would be Santa Rosa, north Pace/Jay area. You can get enough acreage where neighbors aren't an issue. Raising animals, shooting, fireworks, whatever you wanna do you do and we love it.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I always made fun of Crestview and Baker till I moved here and still close to the base for medical and shopping. Out of the City limits, get lots more for your $$ too. If not here then just across the border to Alabama, even cheaper to live there like the Wing or Florala area.

My friend who lives in Crestview told me the crime has skyrocketed since he moved there 6 yrs ago. Not sure if he will stay. He is just north of I-10. The amount of traffic surprised me when I went to visit him last year.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My friend who lives in Crestview told me the crime has skyrocketed since he moved there 6 yrs ago. Not sure if he will stay. He is just north of I-10. The amount of traffic surprised me when I went to visit him last year.

Yeah I am not in the city, but out off Hwy 90,crime is a lot less than Pace, Milton, Pensacola, FWB and other places in Crestview. Really depends on if you work how far are you willing to drive

Top Bottom