• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I played that game about 10 years ago and was not satisfied. It didn't quiet down anything and I had to practically give it away to the class 3 dealer so I could get rid of it. Lesson learned. I'm never buying a suppressor ever again. The class 3 dealer said "man, if you weren't happy with the noise suppression of a 22lr suppressor then you won't be happy with any larger caliber suppressor either." Fair enough. Never looked back.
    What rimfire can did you get that didn’t do anything? Did it have any baffles? Usually a dedicated rimfire can on a 22 is night and day difference.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What rimfire can did you get that didn’t do anything? Did it have any baffles? Usually a dedicated rimfire can on a 22 is night and day difference.
    I don't remember the brand. Funny, I can picture the box but not what the box said. It was name brand, though. I bought it at Jay's Guns, not mail order or any kind of kiosk. You know, that's what Jay's Guns reaction was. They looked at it and said it was perfectly functional.

Q2arrowhunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I haven't efiled a form 4, so I don't know how those are working these days. I've form 1'd 5 stamps and 4 of them are aliexpress solvent traps (most expensive $50) consider drilling the holes yourself for a cost savings

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Are any of these stainless?

Q2arrowhunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Pretty much in the same boat. Was looking at getting a .30 cal and a .22lr can at the same time, but even going the cheaper route (not too cheap, just not Dead Air sadly lol), it's like $1500+ and a year to wait...I can buy a lot of ammo or a few good guns for that price.
    I did a Trust and bought a Huntertown 22 Guardian and a Masterpiece Arms S 308 Defender (suppressor) and was under $1k total with stamps and only waited 5 months. Neither can is made anymore, but both do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    J. how effective will the can be on .22 mag being there are no sub-sonic loads that I am aware of?
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, but any reduction on 22 mag is a good thing. I've seen unobtainable 22 mag sub ammo in the past. It defeats the point of 22 mag though. The can would make shooting the pmr30 more pleasant. I have a linear comp on it now but it's still loud. (Spacegun!)
    New_gen_PMR-30_with_red_dot,_flashlight,_and_flash_reducer.jpg

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how effective will the can be on .22 mag being there are no sub-sonic loads that I am aware of?

You'll get a good report still. When I first used my .22 suppressor I thought "dang...this thing is broke!". But, not so much when you shoot subsonic ammo, which is what "fixed" it. Then you see the real benefit of a suppressor.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone own an AB Raptor? Read lots of good things about them. Considering one for a 375 Raptor build. Seems fitting.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You'll get a good report still. When I first used my .22 suppressor I thought "dang...this thing is broke!". But, not so much when you shoot subsonic ammo, which is what "fixed" it. Then you see the real benefit of a suppressor.
    Yep, I like to hunt with mine. The literal "catch-22" of cans. Shoot once with HV or 3? with LV for the same effect but less noise. My non scientific testing on dillos has proved this, btw. Ymmv.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My non scientific testing on dillos has proved this, btw. Ymmv

Dillos can be tough customers, particularly with a .22. Good for squirrel hunting tho. They don't notice the speed loss so much. If you'd really like a thumper in the 22ish range, you'll need to bump up, IMO. Lots of good centerfires in that range. But, heck SS .223 as well. Doesn't really give you much in the way of a quiet and relatively cheap "plinker" tho.

Although it would be cool to have a can or 2.
    I just can’t get past the cost/benefit analysis!

To hear some tell it, you shouldn't even be in the woods without one. Real big with the western guys--they'd make you think you should be ashamed to not have one on every gun, at least based on their "forum talk".

Mine are what I'd consider special purpose. I personally do not hunt big game with a suppressor and don't see any real reason to. Just my opinion. They should have just made them a regular firearm back years ago. Likely never happen now.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I paid for a warlock today, and a ruger 10/22 stainless talo varmit hunter. Dealer said it should be about 4 months after i send the paperwork

Top Bottom