• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to be MIA off and on over the next few weeks on here. After feeling awesome after my Cardiac Ablation and all back in November, life has thrown me a few curve balls.

First I started having dizzy spells, CT Scans, blood work, Dizzy Test, etc haven't shown the cause of these. Still doing tests for this. So far they have ruled out Audiological related, Cardiac related, and so far nothing Neurological but they are ordering more tests before ruling that out.

Second back in the middle of July with no history of it, I started having major episodes of Acid Reflux or GERD or something. Series of CT Scans ordered for that.

Third, now this week, I started passing blood, saw my Urologist today. They are not sure why it's happening, they are doing a CT Scan and a bladder scoping (History of bladder cancer). Could be prostate related, could be a ulcer related due to the acid reflux, could be whatever. Being on a blood thinner has them concerned.

I'm am quickly growing tired of issues like this.....Everything is great for a while and then I win the what can I break this time lottery. Right now it looks like I won a Medical Trifecta......Right now I'm tiring easily and some times I just have no energy it seems.

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man-up Sarge! You can beat this. Stay hydrated, eat healthy foods, try to find beauty and humor in everything. Ask all doctors tons of questions. Give thanks to Almighty Father for all HE has done for you. I'll be a prayer partner with you if you don't mind a long haired civilian in that role.

In the month or so since the Acid Reflux stuff started, I've lost 10 pounds. Been eating healthier again since we are now back in the house after the 5 month wrap up of the Hurricane Michael repairs. Drinking between 150 to 200 ounces of water a day.....Seems I can't pass the bathroom without visiting it due to drinking so much water.

Oh and trust me I joke around about everything health wise. Told the my wife and doc today, I just had to be unique in the way I mark my territory.......

Pray away buddy, long hair, short hair, no hair doesn't matter, the man upstairs doesn't care, so why should I....Besides I had long hair before I came in, I was your typical 80s metal head. Long hair, concert shirts, studded belts, gauntlets, earring, etc.

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    At 58, other than an enlarged prostate, Im in pretty good physical health. Dr is amazed when they do my blood work.
    I lived a healthy lifestyle, in order to live longer than my old man, he made it to 57. Now I have no goal, ex got all my retirement, current gal is fucking crazier than a runned over dog, & let's her, even crazier daughter move in. She wrecked my new truck tonight. I just don't think I want to be here anymore. All I wanted was simple peace, quiet and security. Now every day is a soap opera drama, dragging me into it "you need to tell her" fuckoff, I don't care! My biggest dilemma is I added her name on my deed, but the mobile home is in hers and she refuses to move or add my name. I feel like I'm just waiting for one of us to die. No way to live, without hope or any joy. Kudos to those of you that have lives worthy of fighting for, give it hell.
    Not looking for sympathy, lol. I made my choices and I can live with them. Just trying to share a little wisdom. One bad decision when you're young can change the whole course of ones life, several can be detrimental.

Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hang in there Sarge, and get this taken care of. I appreciate the insights you shared with me when I was facing my own Cardiac Ablation earlier this year (so far, so good, knock wood). Get healthy again and get back into the game :)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Health problems suck. Your attitude is still on the positive side, and your sense of humor is still intact, so those are huge wins in your favor.

Don’t forget the lesson from the active-duty days: “Over-hydration” is a thing. Too much and it dilutes electrolytes, etc...

Did you get the Covid jab(s)? A lot of what was previously “foil-hat theory” is now being acknowledged. Just food for thought.

Enjoy the home repairs/renovations (LONG time coming).

Thanks again for sharing with us.

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Hang in there Sarge! I have had too much heart problems in the last 10 years. Started with a heart attack while I was working underground in the coal mines, had 6 stents placed at that time, year later stated having low heart rate so they installed at pacemaker and did 2 heart ablations, year or two later had 4 more stents placed and another heart ablation then within the last 3 years I have had 7 more stents placed. All in all I have had about 6 heart ablations. Yes total of 17 stents as of now. Just do what you want to do and have fun doing it brother !!!! We could always be in worse shape you know?

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's looking like I might have tore something, I picked up a bucket full of cement (100 pounds or so), Monday and threw it in the trash can, and bleeding was discovered Tuesday, being on a blood thinner makes things worse. So right now I'm being told to take it easy, and no lifting until they run the scans and scoping this coming week, just to rule out other causes.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It's looking like I might have tore something, I picked up a bucket full of cement (100 pounds or so), Monday and threw it in the trash can, and bleeding was discovered Tuesday, being on a blood thinner makes things worse. So right now I'm being told to take it easy, and no lifting until they run the scans and scoping this coming week, just to rule out other causes.
    Damn

woodman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going through similar things right now; both of my legs arteries blocked 50/75, massive tear in my rotator cuff, colitis, laser eye surgery and now looking at possible quadruple bypass / I'm 68 / road my bike 12 miles a day / love hunting / had a great wife till cancer got her / been places and done things people dream about / hava great God who has blessed me beyond measure and a home in heaven because of Jesus / knowing Him is what gets you through hang in there / Sempre Fi.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to be MIA off and on over the next few weeks on here. After feeling awesome after my Cardiac Ablation and all back in November, life has thrown me a few curve balls.

First I started having dizzy spells, CT Scans, blood work, Dizzy Test, etc haven't shown the cause of these. Still doing tests for this. So far they have ruled out Audiological related, Cardiac related, and so far nothing Neurological but they are ordering more tests before ruling that out.

Second back in the middle of July with no history of it, I started having major episodes of Acid Reflux or GERD or something. Series of CT Scans ordered for that.

Third, now this week, I started passing blood, saw my Urologist today. They are not sure why it's happening, they are doing a CT Scan and a bladder scoping (History of bladder cancer). Could be prostate related, could be a ulcer related due to the acid reflux, could be whatever. Being on a blood thinner has them concerned.

I'm am quickly growing tired of issues like this.....Everything is great for a while and then I win the what can I break this time lottery. Right now it looks like I won a Medical Trifecta......Right now I'm tiring easily and some times I just have no energy it seems.
    Sarge i don't know you other than this forum. But we seem to have bunch of good people on here including you. I wish you all the best. And i am praying for you to have a positive outcome. Taking to doctors and medical staff can be tiring and stressful. But it's necessary to let them know you want to follow and Learn about your issues. God bless you and your family.
    Phil

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At 58, other than an enlarged prostate, Im in pretty good physical health. Dr is amazed when they do my blood work.
    I lived a healthy lifestyle, in order to live longer than my old man, he made it to 57. Now I have no goal, ex got all my retirement, current gal is fucking crazier than a runned over dog, & let's her, even crazier daughter move in. She wrecked my new truck tonight. I just don't think I want to be here anymore. All I wanted was simple peace, quiet and security. Now every day is a soap opera drama, dragging me into it "you need to tell her" fuckoff, I don't care! My biggest dilemma is I added her name on my deed, but the mobile home is in hers and she refuses to move or add my name. I feel like I'm just waiting for one of us to die. No way to live, without hope or any joy. Kudos to those of you that have lives worthy of fighting for, give it hell.
    I started over twice. I know it sucks. And you lose money and material things every time. Not to mention your self esteem. But you can do it. Keep your head up and make a realistic plan to start going after what you want.
    Take care and be safe.
    Phil

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I started over twice. I know it sucks. And you lose money and material things every time. Not to mention your self esteem. But you can do it. Keep your head up and make a realistic plan to start going after what you want.
    Take care and be safe.
    Phil
    In hindsight I should have just stayed with the ex, no better off in this current situation. Being Irish/Mexican and a Taurus, makes my disposition extra stubborn. Being the oldest of 5 siblings, 1 extremely autistic, I have the super power of tuning out anything that annoys me. I just trudge on...

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    There have been times in my life where I used to routinely say, “ I’ve been down so long, it looks like up,” when asked how I was doing. Sending positive thoughts to the good folk on this thread who are currently struggling——

Top Bottom