Patriot Mobile

going to sell a car - what do I need to know?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought my Jeep using Car Gurus. The buyer didn't know about the $600 fee and had to eat it.
    Could you please elaborate on this story…? What I like about car gurus is some of the info provided. Meaning for a new car it will list how long the dealership has had the vehicle and also the lowest price they’ve listed it. One can use both that info to one’s advantage in dealing with the negotiations as the dealership has to “pay” for the car they have after 45 days or so.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could you please elaborate on this story…? What I like about car gurus is some of the info provided. Meaning for a new car it will list how long the dealership has had the vehicle and also the lowest price they’ve listed it. One can use both that info to one’s advantage in dealing with the negotiations as the dealership has to “pay” for the car they have after 45 days or so.
    It's pretty straight forward, it was a private owner in Savannah, GA. I only looked at one other Jeep on car gurus, a dealer, and the price was plus fee. They came down a little but not enough for me to buy it. Depends on what you're buying, Jeeps are hot, Ford 5.4 Tritons, not so much.

Last edited:

Sojurn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to sell my beloved Honda S2000 on a national level. What do I need to know so I don't get screwed? "You don't know what you don't know".

What about payment? What type of payment? Signing over the title, and when? Releasing to car? When?

Help!!!!
    Lot of 'proof' and paperwork differences in a lot of states. Some require both parties to be present to sign over a vehicle, and so on. Proper ID, good title with matching VIN, proof of no lien, etc. Some websites provide a modicum of protection in buying/selling cars. Has anyone mentioned Bring A trailer? An auction site for the more desirable, unusual, or collectable vehicle. Consignment may also be an option. Also consider Car Vanna or others. Insanely easy.

Cash or certified check seem to be the safest way to pay for a purchase, unless there is possibility of law enforcement asset seizure (it happens).

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I would goto Frontier Motors in Pensacola. I sold a Honda CRV to them a while back and they were very fair and just wrote me a check. You can also negotiate with them. I did and was very happy with the deal. This was pre the fake pandemic though.
    Don't go to to Frontier Motors. They tried to take me for $5,000 last year. Tried to tell me I was $5,000 upside down on my truck for sale. I sold it like a week later for only $800 less than what I owed on it, to GCGF member "carman" at Lee Mac Auto. Go see Lee Mac Auto

Last edited:

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bet there is a s2000 forum. That may be a good spot to go if you want a national sale. A few of my niche motorcycles I have purchased were found like that. Really cuts down on the BS too.
    Some things that really helps is a thorough description, at least 50 good pictures including pictures that show any flaws. It really helps to cover your ass and doest leave them with much bargaining room when they get there.

Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The s2000 won't bring anything close to its true value from a dealership or from Carvana or anything similar. A private party sale will bring a lot more money since the s2000 has a strong enthusiast following.

Conversely, I could probably get an extra $3k to $4k by selling my GTI private party rather than trade it in. For the small difference, it's not worth the hassle to me. I'll probably just trade it in.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't go to to Frontier Motors. They tried to take me for $5,000 last year. Tried to tell me I was $5,000 upside down on my truck for sale. I sold it like a week later for only $800 less than what I owed on it, to GCGF member "carman" at Lee Mac Auto. Go see Lee Mac Auto

Last edited:
    Top Bottom