• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know each is an individual thing, but is there a common ground for so many Glocks being for sale ??
    And as a disclaimer I've had 2, a 21 and a 19. Sold the 21, and the 19 is on my end table .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every body has a Glock , even folks that don’t like them , so if the same percentage of them as other guns are sold then it looks like a lot. That’s my opinion and nothing more.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I haven’t really noticed any more than normal for sale but I haven’t really been paying attention.
    I’m guessing with prices higher than normal, people are unloading guns they don’t need.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Every body has a Glock , even folks that don’t like them , so if the same percentage of them as other guns are sold then it looks like a lot. That my opinion and nothing more.
    True. I don't "like" them, but I have two g19s. I appreciate their out of the box reliability, and how every small gun shop will most likely have parts/mags for them, but other than that they're just boring to me. I think folks are selling off most of their duplicates since blowing through ammo isn't as cheap as it once was. Not just glocks, but guns in general seem to be being posted more regularly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have noticed it also. Here's my take on that. People hear Glock is Great , Glock is Good, Glock, Glock, Glock, and figure they need to try one. Now Glock IS Great and I call it the AK of the pistol world. They are reliable combat type pistols ,But they are not target pistols or plinking at the range fun to shoot for me. So maybe after a few range trips folks think, I like my ??? better , its more fun to shoot. bye bye Glock ???
    While I keep a glock for home defense reasons, I dont like shooting it as much as others I have.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was late to the glock got to have bunch
    My go to gun was xd45

Then I inherited a glock it was good then I found g20s 16 rounds 10mm 33% stronger then 45acp I read once.

That full sz g20 is my carry gun.

Still love the xd all are super accurate

As long as I can hit with them they can stay.

When I cant then they got2go

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I own a Glock 24C because it's unusual and very accurate, but I rarely fire it so might sell it. My night stand gun is a G35 converted to 9mm with a 6" barrel. I recently bought a Gen 5 G19 on a whim but sold it unfired. Like every other gun, people buy and sell.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're as ergonomic as a brick & some just can't get past the trigger . I came up shooting primarly S&W / Colt revolvers & 1911's once Uncle gotta ahold of me . Don't get me wrong as I've 2 Glocks . For their intended purpose they're like an AK they work & keep working under adverse conditions . Besides would you rather have a property stamp / case # indeliably marked on your beautiful blued steel or your Tuperware ?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glocks are very common as sales records show. There reliability is common knowledge. I agree its more spares and used prices are well above what was the norm for a plain Jane at $500 Retail. A few may be caliber shifts (FBI magic bean = magic gun followers) with enough $ incentive to finally part with them. Glock's not going to stop production, so it can be replaced in the future, probably at a lower price/newest model. If its just gathering dust, cash it out, maybe replace it later. FBI may be using 5.7 by then. Lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Just another case of name brand recognition. Talked about, reviewed, " street cred" big on TV and tough guy movies. Cops carry them, hated/loved etc.. I'd be suprised if anyone dosent know what the word "glock" means. Also in the current climate in a rush to "get ready" they are selling at higher prices and will continue to go up. I only have 2- G17L and my new G20. The 17L was my pick for teotwawki and the G20 was for fun/hunting.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Probably people selling them off and rolling the money into an AR build of some sorts. AR carbine or rifle is more useful in the big scheme of things than a handgun.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Proliferation. A Glock frame kicks of the line (what I was told by a former floor supervisor) roughly every 11 seconds. People see them in LEOs holsters and heard the FBI adopted them. People see them as "experts" and tend to follow suit. I'm a huge fanboi, but now rarely carry one. To many better options out there now. I think a lot are police turn ins and blue label stuff... just my 2 cent.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have had quite a few Glocks over the years. Was issued several throughout my career as a LEO. When I retired they gave me my duty Glock 35 and engraved my badge on it. A Glock 30 is my go-to HD gun. I am a Glock armorer. That being said I have drifted away from Glocks and prefer Sigs and the M&P series which have a better grip angle for me. It really boils down to a Ford/ Chevy kind of thing. Both are great, but some will prefer one or another!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Proliferation. A Glock frame kicks of the line (what I was told by a former floor supervisor) roughly every 11 seconds. People see them in LEOs holsters and heard the FBI adopted them. People see them as "experts" and tend to follow suit. I'm a huge fanboi, but now rarely carry one. To many better options out there now. I think a lot are police turn ins and blue label stuff... just my 2 cent.
    So every 11 seconds an Angel gets its wings!

Top Bottom