• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that think about it there was some remark I read about the dual illumination types that are based on a tritium dot fading out under certain lighting conditions. So the battery powered models may be better. Also tritium does have a half life
    Tritium is radioactive and has a half-life of about 12.5 years, which means that half of the radioactive atoms will decay naturally in that time. Although tritium can be a gas under controlled conditions, its most common form is liquid, because, like hydrogen, tritium reacts with oxygen to form water.
    But I am not sure how important it is. But once the tritium is sufficiently degraded, it likely is not practical to fix or renew it.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Primary Machine over in Louisiana did great work for me milling a Glock slide for a Delta Point.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am curious about other slides relative to having enough metal for milling and tapping out the RMR, doctor, etc required slots&screw holes.
    Besides the glocks, what other slides are adequate for milling? Goal here is some guns have much better triggers and inherent accuracy than do others so that one can better utilize the potential of a red dot sight relative to accuracy.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well sometimes vs just milling in a mount, these machine shops actually weld and build up a pedestal to add a dot. I’ve seen dots on Highpoints, Beretta 92s, and about everything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Since I carry concealed I want low profile. but welding is certainly an option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom