Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please PM me an address to send in my part, I do not to pay pal thanks

jimmyking

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Money, prayers and positivity sent. That's a horrible situation to be in. Shout out to Bowhntr6pt for the idea! If possible, keep the group posted about Philip's situation, duchamp.

Last edited:

Bones2586

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please PM me the address, will get some funds headed out! Thanks! In our prayers!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    GOD Speed recovery , and hang in there. Today I am proud to be a member of this forum , bunch of great folks !

PS: I would be happy to do paypal for anyone who don't .

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've lurked this forum for a while... have met some really good guys face to face from here also... I've become aggravated with another local gun board so I've decided to spend more time here... I had a very strong feeling the folks on here would join in, I see my gut feeling was correct.

Like I said earlier, a couple guys have reached out to me with kind gestures, the least I can do is give back. The real kudos go out to the administrators of GCGF as some boards won't allow such a post... and to the members who jumped at the opportunity to help.

Yep... I'll be hanging around here a little more often...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think the response was great also...and gratifying to see ..

if anyone still needs the address, it has been sent to several here, be sure to share it with those who do not paypal & want to mail funds

I have it in a PM if needed.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^ Agreed . It's nice to see people come out of the woodwork and be willing to give to someone in need. Some good folk on this board for sure and still gives me a feeling that there is some hope left in this world. I knew I stuck around here for a reason.

jimmyking

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is really fantastic! I wish others in the community at large could witness this, and any other actions similar to it. A great deal of time and effort is put into demonizing gun owners. This is a great illustration of the types of people we really are.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm sure some of you received the same email, but for those who didn't Mr. Barlow expressed his heart felt appreciation for the guys of GCGF. Great job fellas! Good to have people like duchamp6 to help out freinds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    in blessing others, we are blessed....more.

I am glad I had it to offer, & feel closer to you all for seeing how so many pitched in, and maybe some who did & didn't publicly mention it, I would hope others would do the same for me. :pray2:

aw....I am getting all warm and fuzzy, I better go now.....gonna ruin my image.

duchamp6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was the email from Philip:

.... since the donations started coming in last night I have been speechless and trying to find out what to stay and there really isnt any words other than thank you. The kindness, support, and charity from strangers is not something I set out expecting to find. I was hoping just to find a buyer for a handgun that doesnt see any use with all the medical bill starting to roll in.

I leave out of Gulf Breeze today after work to drive up to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my wife and then use my last vacation day on Monday to spend a bit more time with her. Here in a few weeks near the end of her rehab stay at the Shepherd Center they want me to come stay for 1-2 weeks and at that time I'll have to take FMLA. During that time I'm going to receive training from her PT and OT people about how to help her once she is home. While at the moment the only movement she has recovered is some ability to move her right foot and straiten the lower part of her right let from the knee down, they are hopeful and say she might be able to walk assisted by the time she leaves. Granted they say it may take anywhere from 3 months to a year or more to get there and it might not happen at all. For my part I'm just happy she is alive and know that even if she cant walk we can still have a happy, fulfilling life together.

We did receive a great piece of news though, my wife is an LPN at a nursing home in Gulf Breeze and has worked there for almost 8 years. They have a company policy that states nurses can have no medical restrictions when coming back to work or they cant work there. Meaning unless she can walk and lift 75+lbs encase a resident falls and needs help up she wouldnt be allowed to come back to work. Well... her Director of Nursing and Facility Director let her know that even if she cant come back to work at full capacity they will recreate a position of some kind for her up to the limit of her capabilities. Telling her that they can shift some of the other nurses paperwork and orders from them to her and allow them more time with the residents. So that bit of wonderful news put her in tears knowing she would not have to look for a new job and that she would have a job gave her real peace of mind.

Right now she is just taking each day as it comes with baby steps, pushing her body as far as she cant with both PT and OT giving it her all to recover the best she can. We have high hopes that she will make a full recovery but only time will tell.

Thanks again everyone,
    -Phillip

Guys, I just can't brag on ya'll enough, I personally know only a few of you on here, but I am truly grateful for your hospitality towards my friend, seriously, I'm speechless. God bless each of you.

Top Bottom