• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, it seems like every day, there is a new news story about these sick, demented, twisted, sad excuse for a group of people. Each day, it's yet another "war crime" from them slaughtering Christians to destroying ancient relics to poking "fun" (by means of cartoons beheading people) at anything and everything that is not directly in line with their sick ideology. Yet, they are still able to recruit new Mooooslim sympathizers through use of social media and "clever" (as the corrupt and pathetic MSM would characterize it) internet marketing strategies. Why these companies or CEOs like Zukerburg, Twitter, etc. aren't shutting them down or being charged with aiding an enemy (since they have declared war on us) or ties to terrorism is beyond me.

Now, the latest and greatest, all of these Dreamer sympathizers allowing anything and everything to come through the borders, since everyone has a "RIGHT" to be and work here, gives these sickos more opportunity to do their nasty deeds to their ultimate enemy, US. Operating a few miles across the border should be of no concern, right?
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...miles-from-texas-mexican-authorities-confirm/

I'm wondering when the SHTF scenario is going to happen and all of these lone wolves or sleeper cells start doing their thing. A local talk radio mentions that the FBI, CIA, and local police departments are monitoring cells or training camps in EVERY state. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but sounds pretty legit considering their expansion and goals thus far.

Seriously getting sick and tired of hearing about them....

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bombing them was of limited value. You cannot negotiate with them. I wonder if it would be possible to choke off their money and or supplies? Probably not. A ground war would be a waste. Target their leaders but I sure that is being tried. Hell I am out of ideas.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you think we should do?

The Crusades comes to mind...

But seriously, taking a more unified stance on them. I'm not military, so I'm completely ignorant to all the logistics that would be involved and would not want to put our guys' lives at risk 'just cuz'. The idea that the families of those who are on the bombing runs are on "hit lists", the fact that they have already slaughtered Americans, have declared war on US, and are doing everything in their power to destroy what we have built up while we sit idly by is beyond frustrating. I haven't really thought of a way to get rid of them at this point sine I'm not completely sure how they operate, get funding, get weapons, training, etc. and am only seeing the build up of their army, from a biased and not-so-trustworthy media.

Maybe I just need to stop reading/watching/listening to the news...:mmph:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think we're just sitting idly by, by far.

I posted an article not too long ago that discussed that we've dropped over 10,000 JDAMS already (Iraq and Syria), among other things. We're also heavily involved in supporting the Saudis in Yemen right now. Its probably beyond the scope of this response as to if these things were effective, and if not, why not, but again, were certainly not just sitting by and watching.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't think we're just sitting idly by, by far.

I posted an article not too long ago that discussed that we've dropped over 10,000 JDAMS already (Iraq and Syria), among other things. We're also heavily involved in supporting the Saudis in Yemen right now. Its probably beyond the scope of this response as to if these things were effective, and if not, why not, but again, were certainly not just sitting by and watching.

perhaps a couple MOAB's are in order....or a half a dozen ....

what the heck, an even dozen....cheaper that way..

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On what targets?

That was the gripe my Iraq and Afghanistan war vet buddies mentioned. The targets were either indistinguishable from civilians or too closely embedded that there would be far too many casualties.

Perhaps we aren't sitting idly by, and as you mentioned, what we have done so far and it's effectiveness has yet to be determined. Aside from MOAB's and JDAMs, I'm wondering why we haven't gone the intelligence route to disrupt their sources of funds, marketing, recruitment, propaganda, etc. It seems like they have a much larger presence due to how viral their videos gone and how big their social media campaign has become. Again, maybe we are doing this already, not sure. It just seems there are more wins for the bag guys lately and fewer and fewer for the good guys.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Um, all that encompases a lot.

I know some of the bombing was to disrupt sources of income, oil refineries, primarily. As far as other sources of funding, there are many, including just over-running banks. Im not sure how you stop that one.

Im not sure whats up on the cyber-warfare end of things, thats not really my field. Maybe someone that knows more about this will chime in. I imagine we're doing what we can, but again, I think its uphill. Twitter shut down 10,000 ISIS related accounts in a single day last week. Im guessing that takes significant manpower.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I promise you we are targeting their funds and resources, as best as we can. We are attacking the propaganda and marketing, every day.
    That's what msnbc, cnn, hell even npr is doing. That's the constant coverage, the in your face photos and videos, the reports and the articles. It's spreading the word as fast, as far, and as loud as the media can sure, it's fear mongering marketing of their own, but it's showing them for what they are.
    I know for a fact Facebook is deleting pages by the hour. I'm fairly sure twitter deletes accounts as well. I don't know about pintrest or myspace or whatever else is out there is doing. But electronic/social intel is only part of the story. These people have guys walking the streets talking to kids every day. In all four corners.
    And there seems to be no end to young, angry, frustrated and ideological Muslims all across the world.

Moab would be like swatting a fly with a shotgun, regardless of what it does to the curtains(general population) the fly is on gross overkill is gross overkill.
    I don't think there's a one person on this forum who doesn't know my view of a ground war. Just in case, I hate the idea with the morrow in my bones.

This is the one issue that Iran, Russia and ourselves all agree on: that's saying something.
    To borrow Vietnams theme song, this is about hearts and minds. We have to reach the children before Isis does. Because thats who they recruit, young and angry kids who feel alienated and are not buying into blue jeans, credit cards and prime time television.

Disclaimer: the above is my opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of others related to me.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting and encouraging info Maxman and Droshki. Not being on the inside of things, I only get the fear mongering side from the MSM and it seems like it's always bad, very bad, and some more bad to go with the bad and you can't stop the bad cuz it's bad. It definitely looks like an uphill battle to say the least. That's where the frustrating, at least on my part, comes in. Not a fan of the ground war offensive since we can't even seem to get it right or take care of the Vets we currently have, so why send more in to get beat up, blown up, and everything else. However, how else do you get rid of this cancer besides utter and complete annihilation?

Couldn't agree more JohnAL, couldn't agree more. Getting leadership that isn't sympathetic to the caliphate cause should probably be step #1.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are no simple answers to complicated questions.

Probably the best thing we can do with respect to ISIS, and groups like it, is to not topple any more governments in the middle east. It's the power vacuums that exist in the now failed nation-states of Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Yemen that have given them a place to grow and flourish.

It should be clear by now that sometimes, a dictator such as Hussein or Khadafi, is not the worst thing that can happen to a country.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There are no simple answers to complicated questions.

Probably the best thing we can do with respect to ISIS, and groups like it, is to not topple any more governments in the middle east. It's the power vacuums that exist in the now failed nation-states of Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Yemen that have given them a place to grow and flourish.

It should be clear by now that sometimes, a dictator such as Hussein or Khadafi, is not the worst thing that can happen to a country.

It's not right but sure seems that way.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just so everyone knows, i don't have any inside information.
    I et the news like everyone else. This group gets it's money just like bin laden did, the Ira, or any other terrorist group. The Feds know this and know how to cut it off,

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I remember a phrase from when I was a kid......Nuke 'em all and let God sort them out. Seems kind of harsh but it would be effective. Part of the reason this crap goes on is because since Vietnam people do not fear us because the politicians now run our wars.

Just my 2 cp so flame away. I am not politically correct.

Idoono

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Genocide, committed with nuclear weapons?

A) How many millions of people-- men, women and children-- do you think we should kill?

B) Do you think the rest of the world will just stand idly by while we do this?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Tactical nukes on Iran weapons sites, very difficult to do in populations...but what is the difference conventional or nukes? I don't care how many we kill but would prefer to give the bombs to other muslims to do the task. Let them decide what they want to use.

Top Bottom