• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hey folks. I may be selling my recently wrecked Cadillac. It's a 2006 Cadillac STS *RWD* with a 4.6 liter Northstar V8 with slap shiftable automatic transmission. It is one of the best sounding V8s out there lol. It has alot of money just in its exhaust that someone did before I bought it. Very unique sound and very loud. I know some people love these motors and I'm wondering what it's worth is. It cranks and runs and everything still works. It's a very clean motor and sounds like new. The front tire tho is wonky after the wreck. But I think the frame is ok. I have a clean title in hand. But they may report it to DMV as a salvage title. Not sure how that all works. She's fully loaded with features I didn't know even existed back then lol.. all leather.. heated/cooled seats.. remote start that I never figured out yet lol.. keyless fob entry and start.. whole nine yards, and btw the heat and AC even still work. Very neat car. Be a great donor car for similar models. But it runs like a bat outta u know what. So the powertrain could be used in any project car. So once I get an idea of its worth to others I'll post it for sale/trade. I did a few quick searches online and prices was all over the place. But this at least is one a person can crank and listen to prior to buying. A gearhead may be able to make a nice race track car out of it pretty easy. Anyways thanks folks

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Call an auto recycler.
    Yeah I kinda rather see it go to someone who can appreciate it a bit more. Maybe a member here has been looking for a nice V8. If no one has any interest then yeah I'll call em thanks bud

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Question was what's the worth of the power train. Just wanted a ballpark figure of one that's in great shape and can be heard running

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I missed that in that paragraph..

It's hard to say because everybody's pretty much swapping LS engines, I might know a couple of things about that.. :)

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. I never knew Cadillac made such strong motors and fast cars till I bought this one. Then I was blowed away. Then saw what the STS V can do.. the learned about the CTS V. I think the CTS blackwing is like the strongest production car I heard atm. This one is like 2 clicks down on the scale of the craziness they was up to then. People are always amazed when it cranks up lol. But yeah I see many doing LS swaps on the smaller motor models they sold. This one is the bigger motor model than the V models. The V models was supercharged tho. This one isn't. That's the main difference. I only owned it a week before the lady hit it. I had it to 120 once and had tons of peddle left and backed off because I didn't know the tires conditions etc. Very cool cars tho. Seem to have a cult following online. But at same time some folks hate them lol. So yeah wondering. I'm sure someone here knows.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a clean title in hand. But they may report it to DMV as a salvage title. Not sure how that all works.
    How that works is when you make the claim through the insurance company and they pay you for the damages done to the vehicle after they look at it and approve a shop to do the work, and if the cost is greater than 70% of the vehicle value at the time then it gets the "Salvage/Rebuilt" Title when the work gets done to it.

If you let it go right now wrecked it's still a clean title, but wrecked.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I just did a quick search and yes. It came with mine and a 4.4 turbo model. Mine is the larger one. So that gives ya an idea of the motor at least. If I recall correctly the XLR was basically the caddy version of a Vette sorta. And yeah as far as the title I guess it would just matter on if they planned to fix it or part it I guess

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a neighbor who had one. Black with red disk rotors if I recall. Woke up the neighborhood in am when he went to work. Sure sounded good. Been gone a while now.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I have a neighbor who had one. Black with red disk rotors if I recall. Woke up the neighborhood in am when he went to work. Sure sounded good. Been gone a while now.
    Yep sounds right. Literally the loudest and smoothest sounding v8 I've heard. Hard to describe till you hear it in person. Each time I stopped for gas the week I owned it someone would comment on it or offer to buy it lol.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep sounds right. Literally the loudest and smoothest sounding v8 I've heard. Hard to describe till you hear it in person. Each time I stopped for gas the week I owned it someone would comment on it or offer to buy it lol.

How much gas did you use in a week?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    How much gas did you use in a week?
    I have a cig n redbull addiction.. so I should say gas station instead I guess. I stop by one every morning. But yeah gas station I should say to be precise. But yeah it loved gas also lol.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gas in a V8 is directly related to how far you stab the go pedal.

My cars burn gas and kill tires, it's not cheap haha but it's fun. :)

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Gas in a V8 is directly related to how far you stab the go pedal.

My cars burn gas and kill tires, it's not cheap haha but it's fun. :)
    Ikr. First slap shifter ever... and first car with muscle I've owned in ages. So.. yeah it was getting stabbed plenty lol.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The Northstar is not the bigger motor. The cts-v powerplant has more displacement.
    People do swap the Northstar into fieros. Fit pretty well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom