• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My dad had told me stores would only give you a few gallons a day. That some days there wasn't gas to go to work.
    I remember those days too. That rationing and the 55 mph speed limit was a bunch of crap. Hey, I'll be sending you a text today. I'm finally ready to talk to your dad about that work that we talked about a few months ago.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    For those who didn't get to experience it, welcome to the 70's. Next comes shortages and rationing.
    Yup, I remember it far to well. Even or odd last number of license plates alternating days, limits on how many gallons you could buy. I remember waiting 5 or 6 hours with my Dad on back to back days filling his and moms cars. When stations ran out, people would leave their cars in line and walk home... its coming soon. With inflation as high as it has ever been, ongoing shortages of vital components, commodities and workers, brass, lead and clean water are becoming increasingly important. Buhlee dat!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A lot of people think this crap won't last long with us going into an election. If it does the democrats will take a massive hit at the polls. But some say they will get hit anyways because of the new election laws fixing some of the cheating, so the democrats want to make their money now for as long as they can before getting the axe

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We dont have a shortage. We are producing about as much fuel as we where under trump. There are other factors affecting the market value.
    Biden’s climate agenda is targeting the oil companies by,
    - new taxes proposed on companies in the US.
    -limiting their ability to finance project by pressuring banks
    -banning new exploitation and production.
    -removing subsidies
    -tax credits on refineries related to bio fuel.

OPEC has also been slow increased production and is still below pre-pandemic production levels. They’re making money handover fist right now and loving it.

Russia is the worlds second largest supplier of oil. So all the issues that come with the ignorant sanction over current events.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My ten year old Honda CRV is looking better and better, lol, 30-34 mpg on the road depending on how I drive. I know it's not the best in the world, but it sure beats the 15-17 mpg those new seventy thousand dollar pick-um-up trucks are getting, lol. Plus, it's paid for too. The old car payment is some of my gun fund money now. Gotta love it!
    Damn, I thought I was doing good at 17 MPG. Time to get the peddle bike out..

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The vette gets 20 mpg right now so I guess there's that...but it's drinking 93 so, whatever
    That's one reason why I sold my souped up 2020 Harley Roadster. The orange tank bike. Because it only ran well on high test. I bought a bigger Harley with 50% more engine just to get the cheaper gas... Hey it made sense at the time... Dropped my payment by like $20 too. That's like two weeks free gas right there

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My 103ci 2014 HD requires hi-octane fuel too, but it only takes around 3 gallons, I don't run it empty (no reserve). So 15 bucks won't be too bad.
    I wonder if reg 83 octane and adding 104 octane boost would suffice without worry? I have a dodge stealth that requires 93 octane, and I tried using regular and the 104+ octane boost and it still ran crappy.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My 103ci 2014 HD requires hi-octane fuel too, but it only takes around 3 gallons, I don't run it empty (no reserve). So 15 bucks won't be too bad.
    I wonder if reg 83 octane and adding 104 octane boost would suffice without worry? I have a dodge stealth that requires 93 octane, and I tried using regular and the 104+ octane boost and it still ran crappy.
    I wouldn't risk it. Harley has them leaned out waaaay too much to pass emissions. Lean means hot. Air cooled, lots of ethanol in gas and hot weather around the corner. That's why they had to start water cooling the heads.
    Not worth the $1 you'd save every tankfull. I believe Harley is at $125 per hour on labor now too.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember it was just a couple of years ago we were energy independent, one of, if not the largest producer of petroleum on the planet and gas was $1.49 a gallon or so. We had to read some mean Tweets though.....I got butt hurt :(

Thanks Brandon!!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My 05 Camry average is 33.4 mpg and highway mileage is 40+ mpg and it’s paid for like the 06 Silverado which averages 16 mpg and it’s not going to be driven much.

Thanks Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Transportation Secretary Buttigieg says EV will bring ‘cost savings’ to Americans​

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Monday said the American people stand to benefit from having more electric vehicles on the road but failed to elaborate on how they could become more affordable.

No one at the presser asked these questions:
    1) Where does the material to build batteries originate?
    2) If not from the USA will it come from a cooperating country?
    3) Will a cooperating country build the batteries?
    4) When a new battery is needed what happens to the material from the old battery?
    5) What happens to your EV transportation when the USA grid is hacked?
    6) How will the average person afford an EV with a price tag of $50K-70K?
    7) Will your wife chasten complain of the high cost of EV as he did about housing in DC?
    8) Are most people aware that most electricity in USA is generated from coal and LNG?
    9) Where will the money to pay for the required support system come from?

1646696490394.png

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Transportation Secretary Buttigieg says EV will bring ‘cost savings’ to Americans​

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Monday said the American people stand to benefit from having more electric vehicles on the road but failed to elaborate on how they could become more affordable.

No one at the presser asked these questions:
    1) Where does the material to build batteries originate?
    2) If not from the USA will it come from a cooperating country?
    3) Will a cooperating country build the batteries?
    4) When a new battery is needed what happens to the material from the old battery?
    5) What happens to your EV transportation when the USA grid is hacked?
    6) How will the average person afford an EV with a price tag of $50K-70K?
    7) Will your wife chasten complain of the high cost of EV as he did about housing in DC?
    8) Are most people aware that most electricity in USA is generated from coal and LNG?
    9) Where will the money to pay for the required support system come from?

View attachment 154941
    You are thinking waaaay too far into it. Just trust the plan and finance that new vehicle for 90 months.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I got diesel at old Correy and navy Blvd this morning for 4.19. I swooped in and filled up. It's 4.69 everywhere else now. One spot was 4.71 I'm sure when the truck shows up the price will too.

Top Bottom