• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m headed to Georgia in the morning for the week. 3 of my 6 cans have been dead for a couple weeks, I haven’t up since November. Some decent bucks on the other cameras but nothing special. Hoping to put a couple more does in the freezer. I’m happy with my 12 point and my wife’s nice 8 point earlier this season so it would take something extraordinary to pull the trigger on another buck. Better to leave them for next year. Taxidermist is trying to wrap up those mounts this week, hoping to bring them home as it might be another couple months before I’m up again.

@Rebel_Rider1969 wasn’t there something I’m supposed to look for up there for you that we talked about a while back? A specific camo scope I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I’m headed to Georgia in the morning for the week. 3 of my 6 cans have been dead for a couple weeks, I haven’t up since November. Some decent bucks on the other cameras but nothing special. Hoping to put a couple more does in the freezer. I’m happy with my 12 point and my wife’s nice 8 point earlier this season so it would take something extraordinary to pull the trigger on another buck. Better to leave them for next year. Taxidermist is trying to wrap up those mounts this week, hoping to bring them home as it might be another couple months before I’m up again.

@Rebel_Rider1969 wasn’t there something I’m supposed to look for up there for you that we talked about a while back? A specific camo scope I think?

Yep. Nikon. Coyote special. :) I can finish my grail gun
    Screenshot_20231231-214229_Gallery.jpg

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Few more from my favorite spot in BW. Just need to get more time to go. The buck running was chasing does only on that day. The last 2 are giants and only show up like every other month. Idk where they are hiding because they just show up randomly and this spot is huge.
    CRSF0035.jpeg
    CRSF0096.jpeg
    WGI_0006.jpeg
    WGI_0005.jpeg
    IMG_8189.png
    IMG_8187.png
    IMG_8186.png

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m in one of my favorite blinds, suns about to come up. I’m tired, didn’t sleep much, it’s 33 degrees and whoever sat here last ran the buddy heater out of propane and didn’t refill it. This may be a short hunt lol.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shot a doe about 10 minutes after last post. Found good blood but no body in sight. Had good blood the first 50 yards, several turns and weaves. Then it got spotty. Finally found her after about a half hour of backtracking to last blood then going forward. She went over 100 yards. I shot her dead center body, about 10” back and a few high of where I aimed. Will have to go to range later to check scope. Was about a 125 yard shot through pines so might very well be me.

Meat in the freezer. 1-2 more and I’m done.

Wife slept in, sore back from the 6 hour drive yesterday and the cold doesn’t help. Hopefully put her on one tonight. Installed muzzle brake on her Ruger American Predator .308 since last trip so need to re sight that in anyways.

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Few more from my favorite spot in BW. Just need to get more time to go. The buck running was chasing does only on that day. The last 2 are giants and only show up like every other month. Idk where they are hiding because they just show up randomly and this spot is huge. View attachment 261345 View attachment 261346 View attachment 261347 View attachment 261348 View attachment 261349 View attachment 261350 View attachment 261351
    They are in that area for sure. Someplace thick or on private that gets no pressure.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My cameras been dead for a couple days. Haven’t seen any deer moved since I shot the doe Tuesday morning. Drove past a couple cams today to make sure they’re working… they are. Corn I put out Tuesday untouched. Someone must have told the herd I’m here lol.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As an aside, one of my 6 Moultrie mobile edge cameras purchased Oct. ‘22 has died. I knew it had been offline a few weeks before I got up here but seems batteries aren’t the issue. Powers up then shuts off upon inserting battery pack.

Did some troubleshooting on the phone with Moultrie tech support yesterday and after 10 minutes or so they sent me a UPS label to send it in and will ship the new one as soon as I inform them it’s been dropped off at the UPS store. Pretty pleased with the customer service.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In Clarke Co, AL the deer seem to be strictly nocturnal. I've been hunting morning and afternoons for two days straight. Haven't seen a thing while I'm in the stand yet I'm getting all kinds of pics overnight. Even the does are sleeping all day!

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Didn’t go out this morning, I’ve gone and thrown my back out somehow so my season is done, have to head home tomorrow if I’m good enough to sit in the car for 6 hours.

Deer pics coming in every few minutes this morning as I’m laying in bed. Of course lol. Oh well, a buck each for the wife and I and 2 does this season, would have like one more but freezers in decent shape. More worried about my back lol. Haven’t ruled out going out tonight for one last chance, have someone that can come clean and drag for me, but probably be wiser to just take it easy.

Then again, never said I was wise

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn’t go out this morning, I’ve gone and thrown my back out somehow so my season is done, have to head home tomorrow if I’m good enough to sit in the car for 6 hours.

Deer pics coming in every few minutes this morning as I’m laying in bed. Of course lol. Oh well, a buck each for the wife and I and 2 does this season, would have like one more but freezers in decent shape. More worried about my back lol. Haven’t ruled out going out tonight for one last chance, have someone that can come clean and drag for me, but probably be wiser to just take it easy.

Then again, never said I was wise

Go get a chiropractor appointment

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    In Clarke Co, AL the deer seem to be strictly nocturnal. I've been hunting morning and afternoons for two days straight. Haven't seen a thing while I'm in the stand yet I'm getting all kinds of pics overnight. Even the does are sleeping all day!
    Same here, they are waiting for Robert E. Lee's birthday.

Top Bottom