• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    boy scouts of america will soon be scouts of america ..........there is something about us old folks that feels well considering.....i will not be around to see this train wreck of my country play out
    I thought they changed this several years ago when they started a letting girls join

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    As an eagle scout, I'm kinda butt hurt about this...
    Yep. Order of the Arrow is now Order of the Unicorn as well. Can't have that racist stuff either. No breaking an arrow over your shoulder, too many ptsd claims, now they use a sugar free giant pixie stick. Everyone gets one so no child feels left out. WTH.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't remember an arrow being broken over my shoulder, i remember being starved and worked to death during my ordeal though. I was brotherhood though, never made vigil.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    also need cursive, manual transmissions and little old fist fights after school... behind the gym.
    Heck, fight at break time. Better than pay per view and ya might get a mini vacation. I got licks and a few mini vacations/ OCS ( On campus suspension, where all the fun girls were, btw :) ) over my 4 year term. But now dumbasses want to stab or shoot ya.

FLT

Master
    All kidding aside, it’s hard to believe that society as a whole has deteriorated to the place it has. Our way may have not been perfect, but it was sustainable. What we are raising these days can’t even take care of themselves. Must less contribute to the well being of others. I truly fear that the country is doomed to failure.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Wonder if the LDS still owns it. The program was always theirs, behind the scenes.
    I didn't know LDS was so involved untill I worked at a camp in north Carolina for the summers, we had a full week of 700 kids. They were wild animals

Southalabama

Master
    Bring back spankings? Lmao. I think the pedophilia is what got them in the place they are now along with the $2.46 Billion dollar settlement and subsequent bankruptcy. That and declining membership led them to take girls.

Now. Which of you as teen scouts would have objected to girls in the tent with you? There would have been more than snipe hunts. Would have been advanced classes in knot tying.

Now as a girl dad. My daughter joining the scouts? Oh hell no. I was a scout but I’ll be teaching her woodsman-ship.

I don’t think it’s a matter of going woke. It’s more of a desperate effort to survive. As a kid extracurricular activities were limited. Now they are almost unlimited.

rviray

Marksman
    Bring back spankings? Lmao. I think the pedophilia is what got them in the place they are now along with the $2.46 Billion dollar settlement and subsequent bankruptcy. That and declining membership led them to take girls.

Now. Which of you as teen scouts would have objected to girls in the tent with you? There would have been more than snipe hunts. Would have been advanced classes in knot tying.

Now as a girl dad. My daughter joining the scouts? Oh hell no. I was a scout but I’ll be teaching her woodsman-ship.

I don’t think it’s a matter of going woke. It’s more of a desperate effort to survive. As a kid extracurricular activities were limited. Now they are almost unlimited.
    Agreed. Being both a scout dad and girl scout dad, the downfall of the Boy Scouts is the stupid Popcorn they sell for fund raising. The girl scout cookies could be $10 a box, but it's crack in the box...they will sell. lol

Top Bottom