• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I try to make it a point to visit Academy Sports whenever I am in Mobile Alabama. The Academy Sports in Pensacola usually has a better selection, but the one in Mobile usually has a bunch of interesting clientele attempting to purchase weapons. Fortunately the ammo area is within earshot of the gun counter, so I can listen while I shop...

Today's gem....guy goes to the gun counter and fill out the 4473 to purchase a handgun. It comes back denied and the clerk gives him a number to call. He asks what the number is for and the clerk replies " its the number you call if you want to get a lawyer"...needless to say he left the store at a double time!

I'm sure we have lots of good stories....but this one made my day!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gotta say ... the Academy in P'cola has THE MOST inept,give a sh!t,cocky,nasty,sales persons,that I have ever seen.
    They obviously are not shooters,reloaders,hunters,and most likely do not even own a gun.
    There is one older guy in there that if he comes over to "help" me (yeah,right) I tell him that I would rather talk to someone else.
    He started to give me some sh!t about it and I asked to see the manager. SHE was just as sh!tty.
    Re. Shotguns ----> ask them how many and what constriction of chokes come with the gun ?? Or does the gun have ejectors or just extractors ??
    I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA !!
    STAND BY FOR THE BULLSH!T ANSWERS !!! ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Gotta say ... the Academy in P'cola has THE MOST inept,give a sh!t,cocky,nasty,sales persons,that I have ever seen.
    They obviously are not shooters,reloaders,hunters,and most likely do not even own a gun.
    There is one older guy in there that if he comes over to "help" me (yeah,right) I tell him that I would rather talk to someone else.
    He started to give me some sh!t about it and I asked to see the manager. SHE was just as sh!tty.
    Re. Shotguns ----> ask them how many and what constriction of chokes come with the gun ?? Or does the gun have ejectors or just extractors ??
    I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA !!
    STAND BY FOR THE BULLSH!T ANSWERS !!! ---- SAWMAN
    I've heard this about Academy from other people too

Oldergeek

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I"m here to pile on about Academy. My local store in Foley, 2 years ago my grandchildren were coming to visit so I went looking for a bag of ball bearings that I could us in my slingshot. Grands really like shooting at my 3D deer target. Found some in Academy. Marked as "slingshot ammo". Took it to the checkout and was told that I had to show proof of age before I could by ammunition. Dumbfounded I asked what that was about. Was told that it is clearly marked "AMMO" and store policy requires proof of age on all ammo purchases.

The sad part is that the young lady involved had absolutely no idea that ball bearings were not live rounds.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Just go to a toy store and buy marbles.
    You remember marbles,right.
    The tiger eye ones are more accurate. --- SAWMAN
    I wonder if kids and even younger adults even know what marbles are, much less ever played a game of marbles. I remember winning a few marbles back in the day, now I think I've lost them all, lol. Right on about the tiger eyes.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The sad fact is that businesses have to hire anybody that will work whether they are qualified or not.
    You’ll notice that a lot more seniors are working and they are a lot less prone to put up with crap from customers since a lot of them are there just for something to do and not for financial reasons.
    I was talking to a guy just yesterday. He posted a job for two weeks and one person applied. He had his doubts but, out of desperation, he hired her. She didn’t show up for orientation.

A16

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When my wife says ”You have lost your marbles” I just point to the bowl…there are several missing so I suspect she has converted some to ammo!
    4CBBCBEC-5492-429F-8E30-9CBDA4B2ECC1.jpeg

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sad fact is that businesses have to hire anybody that will work whether they are qualified or not.
    You’ll notice that a lot more seniors are working and they are a lot less prone to put up with crap from customers since a lot of them are there just for something to do and not for financial reasons.
    I was talking to a guy just yesterday. He posted a job for two weeks and one person applied. He had his doubts but, out of desperation, he hired her. She didn’t show up for orientation.
    Very true, at least when it comes to the big box places. I've learned to educate myself before hand, and go right for what I'm looking for, right down to knowing where the item is if possible. No help, no fuss. I'm also showing my age in that I'll seek out a fellow gray beard if I want an opinion. Even if they don't know, they'll at least say so.

Top Bottom